“Delicious gelato and friendly service”
Review of Belgian Gelato

Belgian Gelato
Ranked #5 of 42 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Traditional freshly made gelato inspired by the flavors of Belgian Chocolates. Belgian Gelato specializes in true classic gelato flavors that are made fresh in each store every morning. Authentically made from scratch Belgian Dessert Waffles are baked fresh to order and are topped with a variety of delicious warm topping and/or gelato. Traditional Belgian Toasti sandwiches are toasted fresh to order and are the perfect snack. Novelty and classic coffee beverages are available to compliment any order. Belgian Gelato Shops are recognized by their Art Deco interior, crisp, clean environment and outstanding customer service. Come visit us at one of our shops in downtown Charleston to sample our delicious gelato!
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This place is deserving of all the great reviews. The gelato is high quality and most flavorful. The service was fantastic as well. The fedora wearing girls are a gregarious bunch and we felt welcome to explore all the gelato possibilities. Many places in downtown Charleston are either too pretentious or just out to shake down the tourists with overpriced, mediocre products. Belgian Gelato is an exception and well worth the price for the quality of product and enjoyable customer service experience.

1  Thank cwhitephoto

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We popped in after dinner, and we were not disappointed! Try the Extreme Chocolate - it was AMAZING! Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I'm usually HIGHLY critical of ice cream places. It's hard to please me with ice cream. This place did. I ordered the stracciatella and it was amazing. Very creamy and a great consistency, with great little chunks of chocolate. I would absolutely go back and order again. My wife ordered the hazelnut, which was also very high quality, although not my favorite flavor. Very high quality gelato.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Great flavors. Great service even when very busy. Try the pink grapefruit if they have it. The Affogado was delicious but needs to be in a larger container. Very messy.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Refreshing on a hot day. Very good, a bit pricey. Very friendly servers. I had hazelnut which I enjoyed. They will give you samples if you want. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because I reserve that for gelato actually bought in Italy. But, if you can't be in Italy, this is a good second choice.