“Almost perfect!”

Belgian Gelato
Ranked #4 of 36 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Traditional freshly made gelato inspired by the flavors of Belgian Chocolates. Belgian Gelato specializes in true classic gelato flavors that are made fresh in each store every morning. Authentically made from scratch Belgian Dessert Waffles are baked fresh to order and are topped with a variety of delicious warm topping and/or gelato. Traditional Belgian Toasti sandwiches are toasted fresh to order and are the perfect snack. Novelty and classic coffee beverages are available to compliment any order. Belgian Gelato Shops are recognized by their Art Deco interior, crisp, clean environment and outstanding customer service. Come visit us at one of our shops in downtown Charleston to sample our delicious gelato!
Ocala, Florida
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a delightful little place near the waterfront to buy a gelato before you wander around. The gelatos are delicious, and there are many customary as well as unusual flavors. The only reason I can't give it an "excellent" is because the wait was very long. There were at least five people ahead of me in line and only one person working the counter. She was awesome....but they could have used a second person. :)

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Everywhere USA
“Very good Gelato poor service! :(”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love love Gelato and I had to try this place after I saw it on tripadvisor. We were visiting beautiful Charleston and stopped by here. First I was kind of disappointed by the lack of flavors they offered. Mostly only chocolate varieties. What was not so good was the service. The girl that helped me was very rude! I asked for a waffle cone and she accidentally tipped my gelato over on the counter and then just shoved a cone on top of it when I told her I ordered a waffle cone. No apology or thank you. Plus I felt she really should of gave me a new cup since it really fell on the counter. Gross. Now regarding the gelato....it was good, tasted more like ice cream then gelato so that was disappointing. Very creamy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gratitude B
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very good Gelato with many flavors to choose from. Great place either before or after walkng around the Waterfront Park. Service was good.

• Visited February 2014
Topeka, Kansas
“Very Good”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great place to stop in while you are walking around the Waterfront Park. The wife and I were very impressed!

Visited October 2013
“Great location next to the park”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The service is excellent. The Gelato is very good. It is worth the stop as you walk around Charleston. This gelato is richer than most that I have tasted.

Visited January 2014