“Yum!”

Belgian Gelato
Ranked #4 of 38 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Traditional freshly made gelato inspired by the flavors of Belgian Chocolates. Belgian Gelato specializes in true classic gelato flavors that are made fresh in each store every morning. Authentically made from scratch Belgian Dessert Waffles are baked fresh to order and are topped with a variety of delicious warm topping and/or gelato. Traditional Belgian Toasti sandwiches are toasted fresh to order and are the perfect snack. Novelty and classic coffee beverages are available to compliment any order. Belgian Gelato Shops are recognized by their Art Deco interior, crisp, clean environment and outstanding customer service. Come visit us at one of our shops in downtown Charleston to sample our delicious gelato!
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We loved the variety of fresh flavors and the quality of the gelato, though it was a little soft - so enjoy it in a cup and eat it fast as you walk to the park.

There are newer reviews for Belgian Gelato

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am a gelato connoisseur and was excited to try Belgian Gelato. Unfortunately, the tip off should have been "Belgian" and "Gelato" in the same name. The gelato was just ok. About on par with regular ice cream in my opinion. It just didn't wow me like most gelato I have had. It's nice for a cool treat, but not as good as I had hoped.

1  Thank Kellyzcc
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I went to Belgian Gelato to ride out the rain with our two little girls (3 yrs old and 3 months old). The girls working that day were so sweet to my 3 year old! She had a great time talking to them and dancing for them! The gelato was so very good, too! And they had a very good selection of flavors, as well. We will be stopping back by the next time we are in Charleston!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

They are handmade and delicious but it is very expensive for the portion sizes. With the hot weather in Charleston you have to eat very quickly.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

They were very busy and the service was so-so. I ordered two flavors in a cup and they got one of them wrong. When I went back, they gave me a small cup of the second flavor (ok ... I guess). But now I had two overfilled cups to carry to the park next door. We discovered that gelato melts VERY FAST in the heat of a Charleston afternoon! It was a mess that detracted from the experience. Otherwise, everyone was reasonably happy with the taste of the gelato -- even in liquid form.