“cold bread sticks and cold meatballs”
Review of Michelangelo's Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michelangelo's Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“cold bread sticks and cold meatballs”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

clean and friendly waitress. But.... only recieved one cold breadstick with meal and only had meatlessl lasagna so got talked into ordering side of meatballa. They were cold and flavorless. ordered the half off drinks but were not told they were only for the first drink. the huge kitchen door was kept open and did not appreciate seeing the kitchen and the comings and goings out of it. the meal itself was ok, nothing special for sure. first and last time there. need a little better atmoshere, like maybe Italian music, not pop music. explain the drink specials so wont be rooked into ordering more than one drink. we always talk about how we hardly ever see anyone other there on weekends and now we know why. If owners were there did not see them and no one came to see us. Should be given fresh hot bread before your meal. should had meat lasagna. Really just a bland restuarant with very ok food. If that is what you want when you go out to spend your hard earned money then I suggest it.

• Visited April 2013

“Great food at terrific prices”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We go once a month or so and love it. Two people can eat well for under 20-25 $ with tip. Its worth a trip to see for yourself. The place has terrific desserts and some times we will eat at another place and get dessert there. This is my second review of MK but I feel as though I should because they now have wine and beer. They previously did not and this was my wife's only problem with this place. I admit I'm a little biased because on our wedding night she wanted to go get a piece of cake there and they gave it to us on the house. Its that kinda place.

• Visited April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HAHA this place got worse”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

if i could put zero stars i would. first they are never never busy with good reason. my parents took me and my wife out to eat and celebrate my birthday. went there ordered our food and drinks. not bad so far. breadsticks came so hard I could use it as a hammer. the tomato sauce was bland. and then OF ALL THINGS..... there was hair in my food. Took forever to get the waitress over and then she said she would comp my meal. Got the bill and she only comp half the meal. she arugued with us so we paid the bill and left. save your money go somewhere else.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tbfargo
Charleston, SC
“Parking Lot Empty for a Reason”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stopped here on a Wednesday night and apparently were the first customers. Only two other groups came in the entire time we were there, which unfortunately was a very long time on the most uncomfortable seats. It took an HOUR to get our food. I could have cooked the meal faster! My bottom ached by the time we left...

My husband ordered the Italian Burger which was dry and overcooked, topped with a slab of mozzarella, basil and tomato. The fries were okay, hot and still glistening with a lot of oil, which could have been drained more.

My Chicken Parmesan was inedible. The cook tried to disguise a very much burnt chicken breast with a large amount of mozzarella. The sauce was tasty and the spaghetti just this side of being overcooked. If the breast had not been so charred this might have been good. The wait had been SO long by this point that I was unwilling to wait for a redo. I did eat the spaghetti. It was served with one lone "breadstick" which was a cold strip of what might have been foccacia. Cold, flavorless white bread in a very miserly portion.

My daughter had the Chicken Linguini Alfredo which was the best of the three dinners. The sauce was very cheesy, almost too cheesy and not delicate.

We were very surprised that we were not offered some bread or anything while we had such a long wait. We will not return.

• Visited January 2013
“Gets better everytime. A terrific cheap place that is perfect.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

For what little you have to pay, this place is maybe the best dollar for dollar value of any place in Charleston. If you are staying in West Ashley or going out to the gardens and plantations you should really stop. Come hungry, the postions are ample and great.