“Perfect Girls Getaway”

French Quarter Inn
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I recently traveled to Charleston with 3 girlfriends. We stayed for 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn and LOVED every minute. One of the best parts for us was our Oversized Double Queen suite with the TERRACE. Each morning we enjoyed our continental breakfast on the patio, which was a perfect way to start the day. The room was large enough to accomodate 4 women bathing, dressing and getting made up at the same time, which is no small feat! The Inn is centrally located area, the staff was incredibly helpful with dining reservation, activity suggestions, accomodating our travel needs. I have recommended this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
FQIAGM, Assistant General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2009

Thank You for choosing us for your Girlfriend Getaway! We are glad that we could accomodate your party and find that many of our guests appreciate the spaciousness of our Full Suites and all of the little extras that we offer! Ladies, thanks for recommending us to your friends, and we hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,989)

Reviewed September 26, 2009

My sister-in-law and I chose to stay here based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. They do not disappoint! The staff is friendly, courteous and so helpful. The evening wine and cheese gathering was fun, great way to meet other guests. The continental breakfast is adequate. Given we always ate a fabulous lunch and dinner, breakfast was satisfying. The rooms were well appointed, spacious and quiet. I highly recommend the French Quarter.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SanAntonioDana
FQIAGM, Assistant General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2009

Your compliments of your recent stay and our staff are greatly appreciated. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2009

We spent a couple of mid-week nights at the French Quarter Inn. It was ideally located within easy walking distance of the harbor, great restaurants, and a number of the top attractions in the historical district. Our room was comfortable, quiet, and spotlessly clean. My wife would have preferred more counter space in the bathroom, but that's a minor nit for a hotel in a historical area. The continental breakfast was fairly basic - croissants, breakfast pastries, coffee, etc. - but what was available was good quality and fresh. I'm not going to gush about the service. The staff was courteous, but not any more so than a typical mid-level business hotel, and the valet was a bit curt. Overall all though, I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay honestly. We are pleased you enjoyed our location and hotel rooms. We are disappointed that our service was not as exceptional as we usually provide. Our apologies that you were not ‘wowed’ by our service. We look forward to welcoming you back and making up for our short comings.

Reviewed September 24, 2009

As close to perfect as it gets. People, accommodations and location. Everything worked. Almost hate to tell too many people, there may not be a room for me next time.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends

Perfection is our daily desire. We are pleased to hear we were as close to perfect as one can get. Thank you for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

Aside from them screwing up our reservation and trying to kick us out one day early, our visit here was fantastic from the check in to check out. The room was gigantic with a fridge, desk and work space and cool patio overlooking the market area.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed comfortable and my wife loved the selection of pillows.

If you can swing the rates, i'd plan to stay here again as long as you don't want an excercise area or pool.

The morning breakfast buffet was kind of lame. I've seen better spreads at the Hampton Inn. 4 PM wine and cheese party makes up for it!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Our apologies for the mistake in your reservation dates and any inconvenience this caused you. We are pleased you found the accommodations comfortable and that you were pleased with our service. Being in the historical district, we were limited during the construction of the hotel and were not able to provide an exercise room or pool. However, a gym is available at $10 per day on Wentworth Street, about 3 blocks from the hotel. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the continental breakfast. Our spread of pastries, fruit, granola bars, cereal, muffins, and beverages are usually exactly what are guests are looking for. We do hope you choose to stay at the French Quarter Inn for your next visit.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in Charleston, where we stayed at the French Quarter Inn. It was worth every penny. From check-in to check-out, the staff was friendly and helpful. They made dinner reservations for us, got my husband in for a haircut, and even sent up a bottle of champagne for my husband's birthday. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and I admit it was nice having breakfast brought to our room and having coffee right outside my door in the mornings. Plus, everything you might want to see or do in Charleston is within walking distance. The only negative is that the entrance is hard to find if you have never been there before, but the positives far outweigh that issue. I highly recommend this hotel, and will return there in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such an important celebration. We take all efforts to ensure each stay is exactly what is desired through offering extra amenities and services that other hotels do not. We are pleased to know we succeeded. We are in the process of requesting from the city of Charleston more locations to place our signage and directions to our front door, to make it a little easier for everyone. We hope to have the new signs before your next trip.

Reviewed September 20, 2009

We just returned from a great 3 night stay at the French Quarter Inn. What can I say... the inn is wonderful. From the beginning...
We arrived early in the morning due to an early flight and thought we would go to the desk to see if we could park at the inn and possibly have them hold our luggage. I went to the reception desk and they looked up the reservation and said that we could check in right away if we wanted. Just have the valet parking attendant put your car in the lot and come on in. That worked out well. They suggested that after we freshened up the Sunday brunch was being served at Tristin's. We were hungry and ready for a nice breakfast. Let me tell you this was no ordinary breakfast. It was wonderful chef delights. Everything was homemade and Fresh!! We started with complimentary mimosas then some of the best coffee I have ever had. We shared a Greek yogurt parfait with their own granola, Delicious!! Then I had the french toast and homemade sausage. Very good all around. My wife had an omelet that she said was the best she has ever had. We were served very elegantly and it made the whole trip start on the right note.
Our room had two double beds and had the softest pillows on both of them. There were robes to wear and pralines to sample set out on the beds. The amenities were wonderful in the bathroom too. The towels were very thick and soft. Very comfortable surroundings to enjoy.
Out in the hallway each day was a coffee urn and hot water urn for tea. This was very nice as you could just go out in your robe and get your morning coffee to enjoy in your room before going down to the continental breakfast. We did go 2 mornings and had the last morning breakfast delivered to the room. No extra charges for a lot of things. That is nice here, WI-FI is free, and they have a computer by the check in area you can use anytime with a printer. Room service for breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese, late night milk and yes...homemade cookies. Now they were terrific.
The inn is in the center of things. One block to the market area and walkable to the waterfront, a variety of restaurants and the historic buildings and houses. Really, we did not need the car for the 3 days,
I was hot though 88-90 and the humidity was high but you just dress for it and rest when you need too. There are lots of bars/restaurants that you can get something cool to drink when needed too so don't be discouraged. There are lots of rest areas and parks too.
All in all I would have to say this inn and "ALL" the people who make up the team there and very courteous, helpful and very sincerely wish that your stay is enjoyable. I can't thank them enough. It would be wrong if I centered anyone out; we thought you all are fantastic!!
So when you get a chance to visit Charleston please take the time to check out this wonderful inn. You will not be disappointed. In fact I found that most everyone you encounter from Old Charleston is genuinely friendly and helpful. It is a safe area as we walked lots at night and never felt intimidated or uneasy.
We don't usually stay at an upscale place when we travel but being my wife's special birthday I took her someplace special and they made it worth it for sure. Oh... I mentioned that is was her birthday as to why we had come all the way from Canada and being ever hospitable as they are the next night a bottle of champagne showed up in our room with a nice card for her. It just put the whole stay over the top.
Thanks again,
As you can see I can talk about this place all day so make sure to check them out if you ever visit Old Charleston. Just enjoy!!

(Note... The rates seem a little expensive but let me assure you there is good value. Also I got my rate on Travelocity by chance and they had a 3rd night free promo so that made it even better.)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of your recent stay with us. Your compliments of the hotel, our amenities, our staff, and your Tristan experience are greatly appreciated. Each member of our staff works very hard to ensure each guest experience is just right and receiving reviews like this tell us to keep it up. Thank you again for your time and kind words. We hope to welcome you again soon.