Armed with the wonderful reviews for this Inn, my husband and I booked a two day stay for our anniversary. We were treated like visiting royalty from the moment we arrived. As advertised, the Inn is a short, peasant walk to the Battery, and to restaurants and shopping. Although we did not have a balcony (but a great view of the harbor), each floor has an accessible balcony where you can enjoy the sunrise or sunset with free milk & cookies or morning coffee. We did take advantage of the in room breakfast service but noted that there were two coffee carts at either end of the hall for those who rise early. The staff does a very good job of providing personal touches. For example, after the Bellman made a reservation at a nearby restaurant for us, our dessert arrived with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. A very nice touch. ( FYI- try Hank's it is absolutely fabulous, one of the best meals we have ever had.)The turn down service is amazing. Along with locally made pecan prailines, the maid not only delivered a card with the next days weather forcast but had filled the ice bucket! There were a lot of other touches that make this Inn special such as sweet grass fans that you can use while sitting in the lobby or patio drinking peach tea. If you want to experience the Old South, while having modern ammenities - go quickly to the French Quarter Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc