“Pricy place in Historic Charleston SC”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pricy place in Historic Charleston SC”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I wanted a place in the historic district so we didn't have to drive (and try to find parking!). The hotel is very nice, but some of the staff are a bit over the top for me. My wife went further and said "obsequious". If you like to imagine that you are truly special you might like that. I wouldn't pay the high rates again since there are many properties in the city within the district.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Dear Jeff J,

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed for labor day weekend with family and friends. The location is great. The room I had with the big balcony was very spacious and functional. The check in was good. The have champagne at all times as well as lemonade, cookies bottle water.
Breakfast was adequate lots of cold options, nothing hot. After 3 days it got a little old. Wine reception was good with good selections of wine and cheeses. They also have MMs and jellies all the time.
Staff was ok, not great but not bad.
For the cost that I paid to stay here, I do not feel I got my money worth. Plus I have stayed in many other hotels that are much nicer with spa, pool etc that I was very surprised it is the number 1 hotel on trip advisor.
Again is not a bad hotel but something is missing. It reminded me of staying on a less exclusive club level at a Ritz hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ltorres93
Dear ltorres93,

I hope you are having a wonderful day back home in beautiful Mount Dora! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many elements of our Inn during your visit, but as a passionate service professional, you can imagine that I am disappointed to read that we did not meet all of your expectations, and for that, I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team. We stay 100% committed to excellence so that every guest's high expectations of us are met or exceeded. I am deeply disappointed and am sorry that we did not meet your perception of five star.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Round Hill, VA
Reviewed September 2, 2014

When you think of an amazing hotel, with great location and service and wonderful extras, then think of the French Quarter Inn. It starts at check in with the valet and then onto the front desk with a glass of champagne (or juice or water or tea or coffee). The room was large, with our family of four having plenty of room to spread out. The food provided at the wine reception, the cookies and milk, and breakfast were delicious. The hotel was full but you would never know it. I plan on going back. And my daughter, well, she said the French Quarter Inn was the highlight of our vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank akafayth
Dear akafayth,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Round Hill!

Villanova, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My wife and daughter stayed here for three days last week and it exceeded our expectations on every level. The professionalism and graciousness of the entire staff from valet to front desk to housekeeping made every contact a pleasurable experience. The room, the daily breakfast, the wine and cheese happy hour and the evening cookies were all delightful. The complimentary bottled water was much appreciated as we headed out for our walking tours of Charleston each day, and the location was ideal -- park the car and forget it! I also appreciated the affiliation with a local fitness center a few blocks away on Meeting Street which was available for a nominal charge. I highly recommend, and it is the only place I'll stay when I am in Charleston.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MMurphy313
Dear MMurphy313,

Clarenville, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My wife and I booked a Friday and Saturday stay in late August. The hotel and staff are truly world class.The view overlooking the city was just great and we really enjoyed the balcony.
Glori at the reception desk was super helpful and attentive to all our needs. Charleston is such a great city and this Hotel really made our visit a memorable experience. OUR room (319) was AMAZING and had a great view and a balcony. If you are in Charleston during warm weather, the balcony is a great spot to end the evening with a cigar and a glass of port.
Taylor at the Valet service was a big help and suggested a great service to get us to and from Sullivan Island Beach and have everything we needed for a day at the beach.. The beach service was called Charleston Beach Trips and the guy that runs it is the best.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Keith F
Dear Keith F,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! I hope all is well back home in beautiful Canada! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I went with my family of 4 and stayed at the French Quarter Inn during Labor Day weekend This hotel has so many great features that make the high price justifiable. The champagne welcome, the wine and cheese reception (which includes charcuterie, bread , and fruit), the evening cookies and milk with port wine, the turn down service, and the continental ( includes boiled eggs, quiches, and charcuterie) were perfect touches to keep my wife and boys happy. We stayed in a King room with 2 blowup beds for my teenage boys. The room was huge with lots of room even with the blow ups. The room was nice and clean.

Our view was ok as it overlooked a side street but the location of this hotel is perfect. It is half a block from the Market and 1 block from meeting street and 2 blocks from East Okd Bay Street. We were able to walk to everything including the waterfront and battery. It was nestled just far enough away from the Market, that it was quiet through the hotel.

The staff here was great and spent time helping us for whatever we needed. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank atlantaheel
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear atlantaheel,

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in Atlanta!

Rockville, MD
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Went to Charleston for a girls week to celebrate 30 years of friendship. We stayed our first 2 nights at the French Quarter Inn. We were greeted warmly and check-in was a breeze. We were given Mimosa upon check-in. Our room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and spacious. The hotel offered cheese, fruit and wine from 5-6 PM and cookies and milk in the late evening after returning from a day of sightseeing. A healthy breakfast was included each morning. The front desk agents and bellman called us by name and all staff including housekeepers were friendly and more than willing to help with directions or recommendations. Chuck the bellman was awesome. The location is fabulous and close to the open market and the historic homes. We walked everywhere. This hotel is definitely worth the money especially with all the perks!! Summer time is less expensive and we even got a gift card to one of the local restaurants. Truly southern hospitality at its best! We can't wait to return.

Green Features: Linen reuse, energy efficient lights, recycle bins in rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Londabarry
Dear BarryLonda,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Maryland! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.