“4 Year Anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgetown, South Carolina, United States
“4 Year Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the French Quarter Inn on our 4th wedding anniversary. I'd ordered several things to be put in the room to surprise hubby and we were not disappointed. Check in was wonderful, the front desk personnel were very nice and made sure we knew where everything was, even suggesting places to eat. The room was lovely, clean and the view was magnificent. I'd ordered rose petals to be strewn on the floor and bed, and also ordered the movie package. When we got back from dinner, the room was set up with the rose petals and the movie snacks. There was so much food that we literally could not eat all of it! I'd also ordered chocolate covered strawberries and they were delicious. The manager also sent us a bottle of wine to celebrate our anniversary. I was so surprised they did that because they didn't have to but it just added to us enjoying our stay. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be staying here again. If you get a chance to go to Charleston, it will be worth your while to stay at the French Quarter Inn, you'll love it! I forgot to add that you can even order certain types of pillows to enhance your sleeping experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Shawn W
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Shawn W,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Georgetown! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family's stay at the French Quarter Inn was excellent! All the accolades that this hotel achieved is well deserved! We will felt like we were staying at high end luxury hotel that belonged in Switzerland. The staff was quite helpful and very accommodating! From the incredible breakfast to the afternoon wine and cheese to the evening milk and cookies, we were drawn to return to our hotel despite the presence of incredible restaurants within walking distance. I want to thank the front desk staff, Gloria and Michelle as well as Hillary for making our stay very pleasant and relaxing. We will be returning!!

Room Tip: Higher floors. You have to remember that this is a SMALL hotel. 50 rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank alagad
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear alagad,

I hope all is well down in beautiful Florida! I thank you for such high praises, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

The location is great, the rooms are nice/clean/airy, everything is very very nice but the best parts are : the very good complimentary breakfast, the wine and cheese offered from 5 to 6, the home-made cookies and milk from 8.30 to 10pm, the complentary bicycles and the incredibly friendly and hospitable staff. We almost felt at home.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
3 Thank LaurenceLC
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear LaurenceLC,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful France (one of my favorite places on earth)! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

First Class Hotel with First Class Staff. A special thanks to Trayvon and Taylor of valet staff. I was attending a meeting at another location and was unable to walk, but they made special arrangements for me to get to my meeting. Jenny at front desk made all our dinner reservations and was always available to help with questions, directions and what other questions we might have. Hillary was a joy to be around during wine and cheese reception. She is certainly an asset to this company.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank eastprairie
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear eastprairie,

I hope your travels back to Georgia were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny, Taylor and Trayvon all say hello!

South Shore, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

The French Quarter Inn is every bit deserving of its #1 ranking by reviewers. Not only is the property cozy, inviting and beyond spotless, the hospitality extended to guests is unlike any I've ever experienced in any five star hotel. The staff is genuinely friendly and attentive, and every need anticipated - I was amazed that one evening of our stay we got ready to make a trip to the ice machine - and lo and behold, our ice bucket was already filled and ready to go, just in case! The amenities go on and on - from the welcome glass of champagne, to the beautiful evening wine and cheese reception, to the always-present sweet tea, lavender lemonade, fruit-infused water and endless snacks. And they don't do themselves justice by referring to the "continental breakfast" included each morning, offering options far beyond cereal and baked goods, from smoked salmon to yogurt with homemade granola and fruit, hard boiled eggs - something for every palate. I could go on and on - but by far, this is the best hotel choice in Charleston, it beyond exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank keek922
Dear keek922,

I hope all is well in beautiful South Shore! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family of six spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn while visiting Charleston and surrounds.
Our stay was absolutely perfect - the entire staff including valet, hostess, front desk, and housekeeping were remarkable in every way! We were attended to for our every need and never were we disappointed. Look no further when visiting Charleston-do yourself a favor and stay at the French Quarter Inn-you will not regret it. Make sure to meet Grant at the front desk-he was most accommodating and sent us to the best restaurants in Charleston. Enjoy!

Room Tip: suite with balcony is spacious and has great city view
Green Features: Borrow a hotel bike - great exercise and perfect way to see the downtown district without involving a vehicle
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jay D
Dear Jay D,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Grant says hello!

Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The French Quarter Inn is not that old, but the decor makes it seem like it's right out of the olden days. The staff was tremendous. If you're looking for breakfast in bed, you'll get it, but since there is no kitchen on premises, It'll be a continental one only but it is free. That being said, the offerings satisfied me as I'm not looking to fill up on breakfast items in a buffet type setting.

Plenty of places to eat in the surrounding neighborhood. Just as Mr. Paul, who is a treasure trove of information when he is on duty. Construction on the street made it a little bothersome to get to some times, but not what I would call a negative. The only negative is no on-site parking so you'll be valet'ing it for ease.

The free wine and pickies (cheeses, crackers, fruit and a great salami) were a great bonus and we made sure we hit it every evening before dinner. Oh...and the M&M's & Jelly Beans are there all day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeff G
Dear Jeff G,

I hope all is well back home in Bridgewater! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.