“Great Stay”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2014

First Class Hotel with First Class Staff. A special thanks to Trayvon and Taylor of valet staff. I was attending a meeting at another location and was unable to walk, but they made special arrangements for me to get to my meeting. Jenny at front desk made all our dinner reservations and was always available to help with questions, directions and what other questions we might have. Hillary was a joy to be around during wine and cheese reception. She is certainly an asset to this company.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank eastprairie
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear eastprairie,

I hope your travels back to Georgia were pleasant! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny, Taylor and Trayvon all say hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (3,027)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The French Quarter Inn is every bit deserving of its #1 ranking by reviewers. Not only is the property cozy, inviting and beyond spotless, the hospitality extended to guests is unlike any I've ever experienced in any five star hotel. The staff is genuinely friendly and attentive, and every need anticipated - I was amazed that one evening of our stay we got ready to make a trip to the ice machine - and lo and behold, our ice bucket was already filled and ready to go, just in case! The amenities go on and on - from the welcome glass of champagne, to the beautiful evening wine and cheese reception, to the always-present sweet tea, lavender lemonade, fruit-infused water and endless snacks. And they don't do themselves justice by referring to the "continental breakfast" included each morning, offering options far beyond cereal and baked goods, from smoked salmon to yogurt with homemade granola and fruit, hard boiled eggs - something for every palate. I could go on and on - but by far, this is the best hotel choice in Charleston, it beyond exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank keek922

Dear keek922,

I hope all is well in beautiful South Shore! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family of six spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn while visiting Charleston and surrounds.
Our stay was absolutely perfect - the entire staff including valet, hostess, front desk, and housekeeping were remarkable in every way! We were attended to for our every need and never were we disappointed. Look no further when visiting Charleston-do yourself a favor and stay at the French Quarter Inn-you will not regret it. Make sure to meet Grant at the front desk-he was most accommodating and sent us to the best restaurants in Charleston. Enjoy!

Room Tip: suite with balcony is spacious and has great city view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jay D

Dear Jay D,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Grant says hello!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The French Quarter Inn is not that old, but the decor makes it seem like it's right out of the olden days. The staff was tremendous. If you're looking for breakfast in bed, you'll get it, but since there is no kitchen on premises, It'll be a continental one only but it is free. That being said, the offerings satisfied me as I'm not looking to fill up on breakfast items in a buffet type setting.

Plenty of places to eat in the surrounding neighborhood. Just as Mr. Paul, who is a treasure trove of information when he is on duty. Construction on the street made it a little bothersome to get to some times, but not what I would call a negative. The only negative is no on-site parking so you'll be valet'ing it for ease.

The free wine and pickies (cheeses, crackers, fruit and a great salami) were a great bonus and we made sure we hit it every evening before dinner. Oh...and the M&M's & Jelly Beans are there all day.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff G

Dear Jeff G,

I hope all is well back home in Bridgewater! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is our second visit to the French Quarter Inn, and again we could have not been any more pleased. The service, the ambience, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the exceptional happy hour, breakfasts, and evening treats are all first-class! I would not stay anywhere else. We love this inn!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank pianist14

Dear pianist14,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Pennsylvania! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

A friend recommended this hotel a few years back and we finally got there. And what a treat! From Jenny at reservations to Marvin at the front desk and bellhops, it was all wonderful. Room lovely, breakfast delicious, and the goodies all day long-cold drinks in the lobby, appetizers and wine late afternoon and champagne all day! Wow! I loved the pillows on the bed but there were other choices to be had. And a super shower! We can't wait to go back. I am glad I live only 2 hours away in Hilton Head.

Jane

Room Tip: Where the hotel is located I believe all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane H

Dear Jane H,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope all is well on beautiful Hilton Head Island!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We travel to Charleston a couple of times a year and had never stayed at the French Quarter Inn. It's in an IDEAL location - right in the heart of the historic district - can't beat it. (We've stayed at Planter's Inn, and I would rate this as a better overall experience.) We rolled up to the valet stand super rushed to get to a memorial service on Folly Beach (and we still needed to dress). The valet guys were great and pulled our car right out to the street (turned in the appropriate direction and all) so we could slip into our clothes and rush back out. The front desk clerk couldn't have checked us in any quicker than she did when I told her we were in a huge rush. (The staff is very intuitive to their customers' needs.) The room was delightful - charming all around - especially loved the armoire closet. Very, very clean. Was thrilled to have ice, soft music playing and bedside bottled water when we returned back from the service - totally put me into a better mood. There was a lovely woman (blonde, middle aged) who was responsible for helping with the continental brunch in the lobby. It started raining outside, and I noticed that she grabbed an umbrella and ran out the door to help in a table of young girls. That's the kind of service that makes this place what it is. She later came over to us and apologized for the weather and asked about our plans. She made some lunch suggestions (after we asked her about her favorite local spots). I think she also made the call to leave breakfast out a little longer than typical due to the number of people enjoying. (She was just seemingly aware of everyone's needs, and her personality was upbeat/cheerful.) This hotel is all that you'd expect - extremely charming with competent staff. Even the cleaning ladies engaged us in conversation every time we walked out of our room. I LOVE that there's coffee and tea on every floor 24/7 too. Highly recommended. Not a single complaint or observation as to how it could be any better.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LillyCaroline

Dear LillyCaroline,

I hope all is well in the great city of Charlotte! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and your very detailed review. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.