“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our first visit to Charleston and the French Quarter Inn was just wonderful. The General Manager, Brent Gresham personally went over and beyond to help make my husband's birthday special. Ms. Gresham personally helped me with some celebration ideas. The Inn and the accommodations were just lovely. The housekeeping staff was extremely attentive. Trayvon and Will, were so kind, friendly, professional and helpful when we needed assistance with our luggage, car and directions. We will definitely stay at the French Quarter Inn the next time we visit Charleston.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Spanky2015,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Treyvon and Will both say hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. We look forward to serving you again!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I can not say enough wonderful things about this hotel! The staff are incredibly thoughtful, friendly and eager to help with any requests. Our room was luxurious and roomy, yet with a cozy feel. It had access to a beautiful private terrace with excellent views of market street. Hotel location is central to everything in the heart of Charleston. We were celebrating our 23rd anniversary and can not wait to find an excuse to come back again before our next anniversary. If you are looking for southern charm and excellence in a hotel stay this is the place!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dana P,

Punta Gorda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A fantastic Inn located right in the heart of everything! Very helpful staff. Greeted with champagne after leaving our car with valet. No struggle with luggage, which was delivered into our room within a half hour. Lovely clean room with gas fireplace conveniently located on the same floor as wine and cheese reception and breakfast.

Rooms
3 Thank Cecil W
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Cecil W,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful Punta Gorda!

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Comfortable place to stay. Valet parking was efficient, and pricing on par with similar properties. The location is very good, and easy walk to all major sites in Charleston, right next to the market. We were kindly upgraded as it was my birthday, and had a quiet comfortable room on the top floor. We chose to have breakfast brought to our room each morning (why wouldn't you?!) and it was fresh, generous and lovely ingredients - don't miss the bruleed graprefuit! The cool drinks available in the lobby all day were welcome, and the evening wine and cheese was a good selection of food. We elected to have more of the champagne from reception rather than the wines on offer, and they happily accommodated this. Ask and you will receive here! All in all a quality place to stay. We did find the decor to be a little more corporate hotel style rather than "traditional" or cosy style hotel, but this is a minor point and matches the photographs on the website now that we look at it after staying. A very good option in Charleston.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank tal27
Dear tal27,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in beautiful London! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Absolutely fabulous location! Right next to Charleston Market and a short walk to the Battery, Rainbow Row etc. The staff were very helpful, the rooms clean and quiet apart from around 5.30 am on our side when the garbage van reversed into the street! The breakfast was fine. Lots of nice touches - the coffee brought to each floor at 6.00 am, drinks and snacks each evening in the lobby and the valet parking was very good. Concierge arranged lots for us and were very informative and helpful. As for Charleston - what's not to like! Well, maybe a bit hot and humid in July for us Brits(!) but lots to see - Magnolia Plantation was superb, Patriots Point and Fort Sumter trips - not to mention historic district itself.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the street where the garbage vans come at about 5.30 every morning!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank mag6699
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear mag6699,

I hope y'all are well "across the pond!" I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities.

Tool, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We recently stayed a weekend at this beautiful hotel and felt like we were the most special guests! The facility is in a great location, close enough to walk to restaurants and shopping. The construction next door was never loud or bothersome. The room was spacious and well furnished. Not only did they greet us with champagne, offer us warm cookies in the evening, and tended to our every need before we needed it, but they greeted us by name from the first moment we arrived to our parting. Very gracious and friendly, but never pretentious or sappy. Great experience!

Cleanliness
4 Thank Lisa C
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Lisa C,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. I hope y'all are doing well back home in the GREAT and beautiful state of Texas!

Blauvelt, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I came back to the French Quarter Inn because we were there in Jan. when Charleston was hit by a ice storm and Charleston closed down. There was never a thought that we would stay in any other place. I've been around the world and stayed in many 5 start places and the French Quarter Inn is among the best. First everyone of the staff could not do enough for you. I'd like to mention Jenny and Michelle at the front desk. When I thought I had lost my diamond wedding band they went far beyond their job description. I did find it, however they did everything to keep me calm. The place is spotless. Keep up the good work

1 Thank Pita5
Dear Pita5,

I hope you are doing well back home in Blauvelt! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word to other travelers about our renowned service and amenities. Also, Jenny and Michelle both say hello!