We arrived at FQI on a Saturday afternoon .We were greeted by Darryl and Scott at main desk , who are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. They both helped us figure osomeone nice places to visit before our dinner plans at Cypress. we stayed at FQI for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary.
Not a huge milestone but FQI made us feel like it was our 50th. We had a nice bottle of champagne sent up to our room 1 hour later. Everyday , complimentary breakfast sent to your room at a time you choose. The breakfast consists of fruit , atop yogurt, coffee , juice, croissants, quiche, mixed fruit, tea. Location of FQI puts you right in middle of everything. Also take advantage of complimentary bikes and take a spin down to the battery and check out all the mansions by the water. Everyday , concierge send complimentary newspaper, while every night your bed gets an extra turn down while your out along with complimentary bottle of water. Ever night, enjoy wine and cheese 530-600 from Sonoma Valley. All day long, enjoy lemonade, water, coffee or tea in lobby set up for your pleasure. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the warm cookies and milk set out every night at 830. Staff also puts out port wine for a little after dinner enjoyment. In each hallway, coffee and tea put out on a tray if you don't feel like going down to first floor.
The hotel itself has beautiful architecture with a really nice circular stairway.
Our room had such a nice comfortable bed, and a huge bathroom with a huge walk in shower.
My advice: we went to Cypress, Hanks Seafood, and Husk. Make reservations at each at least 3-4 weeks before you go. Cypress was our favorite with steak you could cut with a butter knife. Our waitress Trina was so nice, exemplifying the warm welcome southern hospitality. If your adventurous, coming from a NYer , try the shrimp and grits at Hanks.Husk was nice and Kent was very knowledgeable about wine pairings with the different entrees. I can't wait to get back to Charleston. Greatest trip by far !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc