“110% satisfied”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Massapequa Park, New York
“110% satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We arrived at FQI on a Saturday afternoon .We were greeted by Darryl and Scott at main desk , who are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. They both helped us figure osomeone nice places to visit before our dinner plans at Cypress. we stayed at FQI for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary.
Not a huge milestone but FQI made us feel like it was our 50th. We had a nice bottle of champagne sent up to our room 1 hour later. Everyday , complimentary breakfast sent to your room at a time you choose. The breakfast consists of fruit , atop yogurt, coffee , juice, croissants, quiche, mixed fruit, tea. Location of FQI puts you right in middle of everything. Also take advantage of complimentary bikes and take a spin down to the battery and check out all the mansions by the water. Everyday , concierge send complimentary newspaper, while every night your bed gets an extra turn down while your out along with complimentary bottle of water. Ever night, enjoy wine and cheese 530-600 from Sonoma Valley. All day long, enjoy lemonade, water, coffee or tea in lobby set up for your pleasure. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the warm cookies and milk set out every night at 830. Staff also puts out port wine for a little after dinner enjoyment. In each hallway, coffee and tea put out on a tray if you don't feel like going down to first floor.
The hotel itself has beautiful architecture with a really nice circular stairway.
Our room had such a nice comfortable bed, and a huge bathroom with a huge walk in shower.
My advice: we went to Cypress, Hanks Seafood, and Husk. Make reservations at each at least 3-4 weeks before you go. Cypress was our favorite with steak you could cut with a butter knife. Our waitress Trina was so nice, exemplifying the warm welcome southern hospitality. If your adventurous, coming from a NYer , try the shrimp and grits at Hanks.Husk was nice and Kent was very knowledgeable about wine pairings with the different entrees. I can't wait to get back to Charleston. Greatest trip by far !

Room Tip: Bring a few sweatshirts, jackets in February .........brrrrr was 49 when we got there
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EdwardC3
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear EdwardC3,

I thank you for such an amazingly detailed and wonderful review of Charleston and our Inn! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are staying warm back home in beautiful New York, and please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the FQI with our two small children on the recommendation of a friend. We couldn't have been more pleased. The service was excellent, the rooms were beautiful and the little touches made it memorable (lovely breakfast, wine and cheese, and our favorite hot cookies and milk every night). Special thanks to Jenny and Darryl at the front desk and Taylor at valet service.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Brielle78,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope everything is well in the Big Apple! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

FQI was exceptional. Great location, spacious/modern room, friendly staff and lots of little things make it great- high quality bfast buffet, lemonade all day, wine and cheese at 5, fresh baked cookies and milk in the evenings and hand dipped candies during turn down service. Within walking distance of major attractions and the trendy restaurants.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Lizalu61,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope you are staying warm back home in beautiful Massachusetts!

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

A beautiful hotel well located. The amenities are striking: pillow concierge, lovely breakfast, coffee outside your door, wine and cheese in the early evening and port at bedtime. Of course these are things for which you paid dearly and expected as part of the stay. I must say that the doorman was extremely nice.

However, there were two major issues which happened which were totally unacceptable at ANY hotel, let alone one that boasts this reputation.

The first was that when we checked in late in the evening we found our room did not have a separate sitting area. When I had booked the suite on the internet eight months earlier, I had put in the comment section that it was extremely important to have a separate sitting area. The night desk person, Leticia said that she agreed the website was confusing, and that I should have called instead. She said that the only thing they could do is put us in the desired room two nights and then move us the last, because it was booked. We couldn't bear the trouble. She was "very sorry".

The second was when water started pouring out of the ceiling onto the toilet area. There was a vent above. It was pouring. I called immediately and said it was urgent but no one came for about five minutes when the deluge began to subside. When someone did arrive, it was a bellman. He said there was no maid service or maintenance crew on duty yet. so he, as a bellman, got there as quickly as he could to clean up. "This had never happened before". He was "very sorry." (Later when I went downstairs, he did not see me nearby when he told the desk person that "we were fine with it"...I really wasn't.)

Some minor unexpected things: the soaking tub water was only luke warm, when I asked directions to a local historical destination the desk person offhandedly responded "Never heard of it", the street on which the building is located is a bit of an eyesore, the view from our terrace was not attractive, the maid service tried twice to clear out our room the last day around 9:30 and 10:00 (while we were still there).

If this were an average hotel and these things happened, I would not have rated so harshly. They might have been expected. But not here.

Room Tip: Make sure you call to ensure you get the room you expect
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank BBBBTravel
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear BBBBTravel,

I hope you are having a wonderful day and that your travels back to beautiful Pennsylvania were pleasant! I am glad to read that you enjoyed many elements of our Inn, but as a passionate service professional, you can imagine that I am disappointed to read that we did not meet all of your expectations and for that, I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team.

I am delighted we were able to discuss by phone your stay after you departed and that we were able to restore confidence with you in our renowned service. Even though we both agree the failures you experienced seemed to be "a perfect storm" and very uncommon, we stay 100% committed to excellence so that every guest's high expectations of us are met or exceeded. Although it was very unfortunate and out-of-our-control that the guests above you accidentally overflowed their bathtub, we are installing better drains on these tubs so that when a guest leaves their tub running and leaves the bathroom, it will not overflow and disrupt the guestroom below.

I also apologize that we did not meet your perception of the accommodations you reserved. Your particular suite had a sitting area but not a separate living area room, and my team should have been more proactive at informing of this layout. Although most all guests rave about our Inn's views of the historic district, I am disappointed to learn your view was not to your expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is my favorite hotel on the planet! We've stayed there several times over the past decade to enjoy the special amenities they provide: champagne and lady fingers on check-in, the pillow menu, the complimentary wifi, breakfast, wine and cheese, and cookies and milk (my husband's favorite!), and exquisite customer service. This visit was for a long weekend in February and we were delighted that the service was even faster and warmer than usual, the breakfast was even better (they even offer agave syrup as a sweetener for your coffee--now that is cutting edge!), and our room had recently been updated and was even more beautiful than usual.

We somehow de-magnetized our key cards and were trying to get into our room when Mr. Paul saw us struggling. He quickly and quietly called the front desk to verify it was our room (a security measure we appreciated!), then had a cleaning person let us in while he took care of replacing our key cards. What polished and professional service!

On my last trip, the FQI was booked solid and I had to stay nearby at another hotel. It was very nice as well, but there is absolutely no comparison for the value you receive at this hotel. There's a reason it's the top hotel in Charleston--it's a well-deserved reputation!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful--if you are splurging, reserve a suite--some even have fireplaces!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear toodogsus,

I hope you are having a wonderful day back home in our nation's capital and that you are staying warm! It was an absolute pleasure having you back with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Charleston, quiet, clean and relaxing. There was nothing better than coming back after a long day of walking/exploring than to come back to a bit of a wine and cheese party and then getting some milk and cookies before bedtime!

The staff was extremely helpful and there when you needed them. I will be back next time I am in Charleston!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JRS30,

Rocklin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The French Quarter Inn is an all-around great place to stay! Their location is terrific; from the hotel we walked to many of the sites in old Charleston. We enjoyed eating our breakfast in their delightful patio area each morning! We had a lovely corner room with a spacious bathroom.

Room Tip: Since the rooms vary, ask to view several so you can pick one to your liking. We settled on a lovel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple