“Genuine Service”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

During our entire stay at the French Quarter Inn, mid-January, we were treated as royal guests. From our very first encounter with Daryl, as we made our reservations, he addressed our various needs (such as our need for a walk-in shower), and then, helped us in our quest to find the best raw oysters in every city we visit. We were very fortunate to have Daryl there when we checked in as he greeted us with a big smile and a glass of champagne. The personnel at the front desk, the maids, valet, etc., entire hotel staff, exhibited “Genuine Service” - - employees that share their happiness to be working at the French Quarter Inn with their guest.

Added features like their morning complimentary continental breakfast (from 6 to 10 am), their wine & cheese service at 5:30 pm, and their perfect ending to the day with milk & cookies service at 9 pm (or, a glass at Sherry) all added to our perfect stay.

Our room (with a fireplace) was very spacious as well as the bathroom. All areas of the Inn were very clean and well maintained. I highly recommend the French Quarter Inn and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Jay_Jay_Chicago,

I hope you are doing well and staying warm in the beautiful Windy City! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Darryl says hello!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This Inn is wonderful. When you check in you receive a complementary glass of champagne. Daily they provide; a news paper to each room, an extensive (boiled eggs, cured meats, cheese, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, coffee, tea, orange, cranberry and grapefruit juices, and mimosa) continental breakfast, wine and cheese from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm and then cookies, milk and port from 8:30pm – 9:30 pm. Turn down service is nice, a bottle of water, a little chocolate, and the next days’ weather forecast occurs around 7:30pm – 8:00 pm. The rooms and bathrooms are very large, well appointed and the beds are very comfortable. The location is very central to the historical area. The market is across the street and other locations such as, The Battery, the Nathanial Russell house, and various restaurants are within a short walk. Highly recommend this Inn for a getaway weekend to Charleston.

1  Thank MJVADC

Dear MJVADC,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful Arlington! I am delighted to read your great review about your stay with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

From start to finish the French Quarter Inn is perfection. Champagne at check in, delicious breakfast, great cocktail hour, friendly, helpful and wonderful staff, who could ask for anything more! My only complaint is that we could not stay longer!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear CEC0209,

I am delighted to read y'all ladies enjoyed your Girls Trip, and I hope your travels back to beautiful Florida were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Gorgeous hotel, superb staff, clean, scrumptious breakfast that is unbelievabl and over the top. Wine reception daily was wonderful. Only thing I didn't personally care for was the hot tea brand. Charleston has a great tea plantation which we toured and they should have available that local product. Room was fantastic but no slippers only robes. Maybe if I asked. Would stay there next visit which will be soon. Bellhop that initially brought our luggage didn't introduce us to the room or get ice. Heard from my aunt there was a switch for fireplace behind headboard but wasn't told.

Room Tip: Fireplace overlooking the market.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fabsecy
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Fabsecy,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are doing well back home in New York!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My girlfriends and I were truly impressed by the service and extra touches in this hotel. From the super convenient location to the champagne welcome to the amazing breakfast, this place beats traditional B&Bs because the place is relatively new (so larger rooms, modern bathrooms) while retaining the charm and decor of a traditional hotel. The best part was the staff. 3 special mentions: Will Willis (true! from Williston, SC to boot) helped 3 very directions-challenged ladies... 2nd night he walked us part way to FIG (great restaurant recommendation from the hotel). Ethan brought out the crackers and cheese when we missed the first evening reception and also was very friendly and welcoming (he recommended Amen which was also fantastic!). Andy from the bellstaff gave us the very best biking routes and outing suggestions- btw, the free bikes were the BEST! The suite we stayed in was lovely and huge- big enough for our yoga routines ! Only thing missing is a workout room which the Manager said they are working on (and I got a wonderful personal email after I filled out the hotel survey). French Quarter Inn truly deserves all the great reviews and kudos from magazines. We have stayed in many five star places- this special inn is top notch and in the same caliber, or even better! Thanks for a memorable mom's getaway!

2  Thank 363TravelMom

Dear 363TravelMom,

I hope you are doing well back home in beautiful California! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Will, Ethan and Andy all say hello!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were greeted warmly and given a free glass of champagne! We were shown to our room by a very friendly employee. Our room was wonderful, spotless and roomy! (Pun intended) We had a wine reception with red and white wines, cheeses and crackers, meats, etc. At 8:30ish they give you fresh baked cookies and milk and Port! I've never had a better oatmeal raisin cookie and I've eaten a few in my 68 years! My husband went crazy for the chocolate chip cookies. Breakfast, included with your room, was just excellent with warm mini quiche, cereals, fruits, yogurts, juices, trimmings for cereals (nuts, brown sugar, blueberries, raisins, etc.). We were desperate for a good hotel stay since we had driven from Rochester, NY, to Kiawah to rent for three months only to be told by Beachwalker Rental that our rented home went into foreclosure that day! No warning from them at all. The French Quarter Inn helped us leave the South with a better feeling. They were sympathetic and took excellent care of us! They were wonderful - EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I suspect every room in this glorious hotel is wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Theartist313,

I hope y'all are doing well back home in Rochester, and I am delighted to read your wonderful review about your visit with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the French Quarter Inn, my wife and I were made to feel welcomed and comfortable. Treyvon greeted us at the front door, and brought us to the lobby for check-in. His friendly manner and direction made us feel like we made the right choice in accommodations.

Despite arriving prior to official check-in time, we were brought to our room right away. Marvin at the front desk assisted us in finding the ideal room, and then went on to make arrangements for what turned out to be fantastic restaurant choices. His guidance of the City and its environs once again convinced us that the French Quarter Inn was going to be a good choice.

Every aspect of the stay was handled with impeccable professionalism. The Hotel goes out of its way to make its guests feel welcome. The afternoon wine and cheese, hosted by Phillip was a big hit, and a welcomed respite after a day of exploring the City. He guided the guests through the wine selections, and also was helpful in thinking about what to explore the following day. The Breakfast was just right in its selection and pacing. I should add that the hotel offers a coffee station on each floor, a very nice touch to wake up to.

Our room was fantastic, and had a balcony with a view overlooking the market. In sum, you would be hard-pressed to find a nicer place to stay, whether in Charleston or elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in a lovely room overlooking the market.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear KJC61,

Let me first start by saying that Phillip, Marvin and Treyvon both insisted that I tell you they all said hello! We thank you for the high praises and hope y'all are doing well back home in New York! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.