“True Southern Hospitality and Charm”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at the French Quarter Inn. The service and the amenities are exceptional. From the moment you step though the doors your are surrounded by true southern hospitality and charm. Champagne on arrival, wine and cheese reception in the evenings, milk and cookies before bed, a gourmet continental breakfast fit for a king, one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in AND they have a "pillow menu"- you get to choose the type of pillow you would like to sleep on. :-)... The Staff is friendly, inviting , knowledgeable and informative. They will gladly recommend and make dinner reservations for you at some of the finest restaurants on the East Coast. 5 stars !!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear snake59,

Wow! I am delighted to read your great review, and I hope you are doing well back in beautiful Georgetown! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (3,023)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels in the Charleston area, we found the French Quarter Inn to be the best. We no longer stay anywhere else -- we have found our home in Charleston. It is small enough to be charming and extremely friendly, but it still remains grand and elegant. The rooms are spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable. We look forward to starting the day with the plentiful and delicious continental breakfast. The wine and cheese hour is a perfect beginning for "a night on the town". Upon leaving the hotel you find yourself immersed in history, good shopping, and great food. Best of all is the congeniality and competence of the staff -- they are the best!

Dear DonnaJim,

I hope you are doing well and staying warm back home in beautiful North Carolina! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the FQI for 3 wonderful days. It is a lovely quaint hotel beautifully decorated for Xmas. What I liked the most about the hotel is the service provided by the staff, especially by Scott, the services manager, and his team of brothers Philip and Trevon. Every one in the service industry should lean from these 3 fellows. They were so gracious, so welcoming, and so willing to please. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They made our stay truly morable. Thank you guys!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ana B,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us! I will most certainly recognize Scott, Phillip, and Treyvon's great service efforts. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very nice, clean rooms , polite service, somewhat pricy restaurant.. great location, close to all historic sites, shopping, and restaurants....extremely safe area for late nite walks or partys.. highly recommended you stay for at least 4 nites

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrscn
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear jrscn,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay, and I hope y'all are doing well back home on beautiful Hilton Head Island (I love HHI)!On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

From arrival to departure, always pampered. Staff, room, amenities top notch. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Charleston! Especially nice is the abundant gourmet breakfast and cocktail hours. Close proximity to great restaurants, shopping, and historical homes.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank 148Diana

Dear 148Diana,

I hope y'all are staying warm back home in beautiful Michigan! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We decided to go see the Christmas lights in the park at Charleston. Our stay at the French Quarter Inn was a great experience. Everyone was helpful especially Mark. The place was decorated for the holidays. Their location next to the market made it easy to shop for last minute gifts. Would definitely stay there again.
Judy

Dear Judy A,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in the GREAT state of Texas!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We recently spent a long weekend in Charleston, and stayed at the French Quarter Inn just off of Market Street. The facilities and service were first rate, truly 5 star, and the location was wonderful - we walked to a different restaurant each night, and to the Dock Street Theatre, - 5 minutes or less, each night. From Phillip who welcomed us daily after meeting us in valet parking, to the concierge who helped us plan two day trips to Boone Hall and Magnolia Plantation, we were treated royally - and loved it!

Room Tip: We had a balcony room overlooking Market Street - the view was well worth the cost.