“Amazing Get Away”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bethesda, Maryland
“Amazing Get Away”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wonderful Hotel-great location, staff, breakfast, amenities. Our favorite was complimentary bikes which allowed us to easily pedal around Charleston (even included locks/helmets). Super fun and easy b/c the city is so flat.
Also, love the complimentary happy hour. The two men who manage breakfast and happy hour are so helpful and friendly!
Finally, we arrived early on Sunday and breakfast was still out when we checked in. The front desk invited us to eat which worked out well so we could relax and not have to rush off to find food.
A class-act hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear familyoffive98,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Maryland were pleasant, and it was an absolute pleasure meeting you! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
Cook Forest, PA
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the French Quarter Inn last week for two nights and was incredibly impressed with the staff's commitment to service. From the champagne at check in, to the complimentary room service from the continental breakfast, to the easy walking location to nearly everything on the Charleston peninsula, I was thrilled with my stay.
I am from a rural area and am used to quiet sleeping areas, and while the FQI is near the center of the historic and tourist district, the room was quite quiet and made for comfortable sleeping...as did the bed itself.
Every member of the staff was welcoming and polite, seeing to all the details of my stay. I do recommend the delicious coffee in the mornings and excellent port served during the evening dessert hour. While the cost is more than I would typically spend on a hotel, the FQI absolutely is made worth it by the attentiveness of everyone and its close location to the Market, the Battery, the historic district, and Waterfront Park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Victoria R,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Pennsylvania were pleasant, and it was an absolute pleasure meeting you! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My business group met at the French Quarter Inn in early October. Our group of 16 professionals found the accommodations excellent, with friendly and helpful front desk staff. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed, with walk in showers, good televisions and ipod-ready clock radios. The catering staff was very competent, providing the group with breakfasts and lunches that were tasty and attractively served. The meeting room was comfortable, well equipped and served our purposes well. Our group enjoyed the wine and cheese bar (along with the always-available jelly beans and m&ms).

The Inn's conference coordinator, Scott, anticipated our every need; he was always friendly and smiling and made sure that our meetings went off without a hitch. The French Quarter Inn is fortunate to have his services.

Charleston is a wonderful place to hold a business meeting, with easy access to good restaurants and sight-seeing diversions. The French Quarter Inn is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear steve_in_ms,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Mississippi were pleasant, and I thank you for choosing to have your meeting with us! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Scott also says hello!

seattle, wa
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our short stay here felt like a real vacation because of the outstanding stay we had here. The room was really nice, so comfortable, nice spacious bathroom breakfast served to room on request - I left feeling spoiled. Reception had all kinds of snacks and drinks available all day and a happy hour with wine, cheese and etc. I highly recommend - great customer service.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear staceytann,

I thank you for such high praises and I hope you are doing well back in Seattle! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Seattle
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed for four nights and it was perfect. The room was large, quiet and was terrific in every respect. Only positives to say about the location, the rooms and the great staff whose service was perfect, Probably the best hotel experience we've had. In addition, they have a great breakfast, wine and cheese in late afternoon and warm cookies late evening. Would highly recommend.

3 Thank Luvtotravel456
Dear Luvtotravel456,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Seattle were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Maywood, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are only superlatives to write about this hotel! Our room was a corner room with a balcony. We have never been more comfortable or felt more pampered than we did for two night's at the French Quarter Inn. One unique feature is the choice of pillow type - do you want down or foam or feather - there are 6 choices. We arrived to flutes of champagne and anisette cookies. The refreshments that were always available in the lobby were welcome. The variety of food available for breakfast was much better than your average continental breakfast. Wine (which has been decanted) and cheese are available in the late afternoon before dinner as well as freshly baked cookies and port in the evening after dinner. The staff was extremely attentive whether you needed information or water. Bicycles are available for guests to use to get around the city. This is an exceptional hotel and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank amyhhs
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear amyhhs,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay! The corner terrace rooms are some of my favorite too. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope you are doing well up in Beautiful Maywood!

London
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The French Quarter Inn largely lives up to its reputation, in that the service is generally excellent and the inclusive elements are a nice touch and very high quality - good wine, excellent continental breakfast, wonderful fresh cookies in the evening. It's also perfectly placed to explore Charleston, you can walk to almost everywhere from here, including a slew of fantastic restaurants. The one let down was the room. When I book a King suite at $400 a night I expect a separate sitting area and a bath in the bathroom. Neither were delivered. The staff at reception were apologetic but could offer nothing better, despite larger rooms being clearly shown on the floor layouts on the inside of the door of our room. Despite this we enjoyed our stay and would return, but with different expectations and a more detailed discussion in advance about the rooms avaialble.

5 Thank Jennie P
Dear Jennie P,

I hope you are doing well back in beautiful London! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I apologize the impression of you had of our King Junior Suites. You are correct, our junior suites are essentially a very large room with the sitting area on the other side of the space. Please contact me directly the next time you visit us, and I'll make sure to make arrangements for you to stay in one of our full suites!