“Lovely treat away from home”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Lovely treat away from home”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We celebrated our twenty second anniversary in Charleston. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Charleston, you can walk to where you want or find transportation. The service and people who work at the hotel are sweet and ready to help. Your room is alway made up and ready when you return from your day.
I would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Jennifer R,

I want to personally thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Do yourself a favor and look no more. We took our in-laws for their 60th wedding anniversary. We looked and read about all the places to stay in Charleston and ended up coming back to the French Quarter Inn and it was absolutely perfect! The Four Seasons of Charleston. Stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank George Drayton ... B
Dear George Drayton ... B,

Wow! "...the Four Seasons of Charleston!" On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well in Atlanta!

St. Louis
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely adore this hotel from the charming and gracious staff to the delicious food. The breakfasts, wine and cheese reception and cookies and milk are enough food for the whole day......but of course we didn't stop there, there's too much good food in Charleston. It's in a great location by the Market, King Street and Museum Mile. Would definitely come back on our next visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AimeeT5
Dear AimeeT5,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in St. Lois, and I wish the Cardinals could have made it to the World Series...next year though!

Cape Town
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just returned from a stay in the French Quarter Inn as part of a long southern US self drive holiday. I cannot rate our stay high enough - location, room, service, staff, extras all made our stay the best of the trip. Could have stayed much longer. If you are travelling to Charleston this is a must!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear donCapeTown,

I hope y'all are well down in beautiful Cape Town! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wonderful hotel, great location, good service, lovely amenities. Would definitely recommend it. We had a marvelous time, and it's a value for the money compared to some of the other hotels we priced. Breakfast, wine and cheese, cookies and milk - very tastefully done and a nice break in the day from one sightseeing activity to the next.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LPJamison
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear LPJamison,

Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments to our hotel and our staff. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well back in lovely Philadelphia!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was our fifth stay at the French Quarter Inn and just when we thought they couldn't improve a thing, it continues to get better and better! They recently went through a renovation. The complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent before and now they have added quite a few new items to the buffet. Complimentary coffee, tea, ice tea and lemonade are available in the lobby at all times. Complimentary wine and cheese is offered starting at 5:30 p.m. Cookies and milk are offered in the evening. At check-in I mentioned I had an allergy to down and asked if my pillows could be replaced so as soon as we arrived in our room there was a knock on the door with two ladies holding eight pillow replacements. One evening I inquired when they usually put out the cookies and milk and was told around 8:30 p.m.-- when I mentioned that I might be in my pj's by that time, they offered to deliver our cookies and milk to our room! At 8:30 there was a knock on the door and voila they delivered the cookies and milk! The service and hospitality from the doormen, the front desk staff and room service couldn't have been better. It's like staying at a small Ritz Carlton except with very personal service. On top of this, you can't be in a better location -- right next to the market and within walking distance to many restaurants.
CJN771

Room Tip: We always find it convenient to stay on the 1st fl. (main floor where the front desk is located and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CJN771
Dear CNJ771,

First of all, thank you for continuing to choose the French Quarter Inn for your trips to Charleston! Secondly, we are thrilled that you have noticed (and enjoyed) all of our improvements. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to sunny Florida were pleasant!

Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was one of the most exceptional places I have ever stayed. the rooms were great, the service wonderful, and the inn amazing. Our trip was a much needed break, and we felt thoroughly pampered. The afternoon food and wine and the morning breakfast with the balconies were great. You couldn't ask for a better location. The staff made us feel so at home. I will definitely go back to the French Quarter Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Susan S,

I’m delighted to hear that you felt pampered and had such a relaxing vacation! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well in Conway!