“STILL the best Hotel in Charleston!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We didn't think The French Quarter Inn could get any better than our first stay last year-but it did! We requested the same room we had last year and a BIG thank you to Jenny for doing all she could to help us get that room.Upon entering the room ...what a surprise the whole bathroom was remodeled. It was great before-now it's top of the line! I cannot name all the wonderful people that work there. Everyone was top notch professional and so friendly.There was nothing that they didn't answer without a smile. And all the little extra's-WOW!
It is situated right in the middle of everything..shopping...restaurants..etc. After we checked in we never used our car-walked everywhere!
The French Quarter Inn truly spoils you-it was another wonderful vacation! Thank you,we'll see you next year!!

Room Tip: Every room is fabulous!
3  Thank MA D
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear MA D,

I am delighted to read about your high praises of our Inn, and I hope y'all are well in the beautiful Bluegrass State! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

French Quarter Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,989)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Excellent service, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast with mimosas every morning, wine and cheese reception in the afternoon, milk and cookies at night, nice clean rooms, comfy beds and soft linens, perfect location. My second visit there but not my last!

Room Tip: There was a bit of construction noise outside on the south side of the building, so ask when booking...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer V

Dear Jennifer V,

I hope you are doing well in the GREAT and beautiful state of Texas! I thank you for your camaraderie to our Inn, and I hope to see you again for your third visit! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Expensive but a truly outstanding experience. Definitely 5 star. Upon arrival the Valet service asked for our name. Mark took our car calling us by name but continued to great us every day by name. In the evening the wine and cheese is not to be missed. It is hosted by two young brothers Travon and Phillip who truly love their work and are great hosts. We could not find one reason to complain other than the pounds gained eating the evening cookies or turndown candy provided.

Room Tip: Lobby floor seems the best.
1  Thank George Q

Dear George Q,

Wow--I thank you for such a glowing review of our Inn, and Mark, Travon and Phillip all say hello! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family! I also hope y'all are doing well back up in beautiful Granite Falls!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I picked this inn for our stay in Charleston as part of a multiple city tour of the south this summer. I used advise from Tripadvisor to pick it and the a recent article in the Travel & Liesure magazine ranking the inn the #7 inn among small city inns sealed the deal. We stayed in a Deluxe King Suite and we LOVED it and the inn. The inn was spectacular. The rooms and the hotel were very clean and modern. The service was wonderful. The amenities were bountiful, from the large spread at breakfast, iced tea throughout the day, wine and cheese in the early evening, and nighttime cookies, milk and port wine. In addition, treats were left in the room during the evening turndown service.

We stayed in room 320 which was recently remodeled. It had a LARGE balcony which had a nice view of the Market Street and the city. The room was spacious and modern.

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and my wife and I both agree that this was the best place we have every stayed. Couple this with the beautiful city of Charleston with it's sites and it's great places to dine and we WILL be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if you can. We loved having our breakfast on it every morning and wrappin...
1  Thank M102129

Dear M102129,

I am absolutely delighted y'all enjoyed your stay so much, and I thank you for such a detailed and glowing review! I hope y'all are doing well back in beautiful Pennsylvania (on a side note, I went to Gettysburg for the first time last month and what an amazing historical site as well as a beautiful part of the country). On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The French Quarter Inn is conveniently located near the Market/ Historic district of Charleston. It is easy walking distance to anything you may want to do in the area.

The hotel is beautiful. We loved the champagne at check-in. The complimentary morning breakfast was very nice. I especially liked the homemade granola. Staff was helpful and pleasant.

A surprising benefit was a choice of room service pillows. I had never heard of such a thing. This is great for anyone wanting to try out a certain type of unique pillow.

Coffee was available down the hall but not in our room. I'm not sure why nicer hotels don't realized that sometimes a mini Kerig coffee in the room is okay to get the day going.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slanegriffin96

Dear Slanegriffin96,

I hope y'all are doing well up in beautiful Maine! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed our homemade granola, and your idea of a Keurig in our guestrooms is something we are greatly considering!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we looked for a hotel to stay in for our visit to Charleston a few possibilities presented. Tripadvisor suggested the French Quarter for its location, ambience and service. They were right on. From start to finish we couldn't have been more pleased--Champagne and sweets at check in, evening wine and cheese nightly, milk and cookies at bedtime, very adequate breakfast, quiet, clean rooms, half a block from Market Street! Most pleasing, however, was the staff. Jenny, Marvin, Michelle and Mike (and others) went out of there way to make our stay exceptional. Great suggestions for meals (Cru and Magnolias were great), tours, shopping and a plantation visit. The comfortable feeling we got from where we stayed set the tone for a perfect visit to Charleston (despite the rain!).

2  Thank Marman99
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Marman99,

I hope y'all are doing well up in beautiful Wisconsin! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Jenny, Marvin, Michelle and Mike all say hello!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I needed a room for only 1 night in Charleston as we were traveling to meet our family for our annual vacation in Edisto Beach, SC. We stopped at a Welcome Center and the hostess graciously called the French Quarter Inn for us as we wanted to stay within the historic district. Scott Martindale, the sales manager, made the reservation with me and told me we would not regret the stay at the Inn. Scott greeted us at the afternoon reception. A perfect southern gentleman! After a very long drive we arrived at the inn and was greeted by the reservation hostess with glasses of champagne. The hostess told us to come back at 5:30. We arrived to find carafes of wine, champagne, cheese, meats ,fruit, lemonade plus, plus....... a relaxing start to an evening. Upon our return we had glasses of port, cookies, chocolate salami and milk. In the morning we had a delicious continental breakfast complete with champagne. Our room was spotless and the bathroom was stocked with all amenities as needed. The staff were always very courteous and willing to help wherever they could. We are heading back for another stay hopefully in the spring.

Room Tip: No view but located within walking distance of everything you would want to do in Charleston. Very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear 832Ann,

Wow--I thank you for such high praises, and I hope y'all had a great time on Edisto (my home-away-from-home)! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.