Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Indigo Inn(Charleston)
  • Pool
3,090 results
All reviewspillow menucookies and milkglass of champagnewine and cheesejelly beansport winedetox waterchampagne on arrivalcontinental breakfastturn down servicem msevening cookiesquichewithin walking distanceearly eveningsouthern hospitalitythe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We always stay by the water when in Charleston, but as this was a quick business trip, we stayed in town. Therefore, it was our first time at the French Quarter. I kept holding my breath, hoping that I wasn't going to be the ONE person that had a bad stay at the French Quarter. I wasn't --everything was wonderful. Valet parking was helpful so we didn't have to deal with Charleston traffic. We weren't able to be around for the wine and cheese reception but we did enjoy the little treats scattered throughout the facility. Breakfast brought to our room was great, as was the turndown at evening. The beds are worth mentioning. Really comfortable. I hated to get out of it. I never read the hotel's directory, if I had, I would have learned they have a pillow concierge. Although I had no complaints with my four pillows, it might have been fun to try out other ones. It was so pleasant to deal with staff who really seem to care about your comfort and genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. It is rare these days. Cleanliness should go without saying-it was fine. Last comment-the bathroom was unexpectedly palatial with thick, dreamy towels. No need to look any further.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our turndown service, but I’m sorry you missed the wine and cheese reception and the pillow menu. You will have to come back to try those! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This past weekend found us at the French Quarter Inn for Holly's special birthday weekend. And man OH man did the folks at FQI make it special. From the moment we walked up the spectacular spiral staircase and were greeted by Mike and Glori the entire experience was top shelf. Little wonder they have five diamonds AND five stars.

We were upgraded upon arrival and when we went to the room, a bottle of processo was chilled and waiting for us with a special signed note from the manager wishing Holly a Happy Birthday. And that was just the start. ;-)

Breakfast every morning in the lobby was a scrumptious assortment of fruits, pastries, yogurt, coffees and teas, which can be delivered to your room ! We did both, having it delivered one morning and eating breakfast on the patio under the shade of umbrella as the water in the fountain softly tinkled in the background.

Every afternoon they break out four types of wine, cheeses, nuts, crackers and deli meats in a very nice happy hour time.

Evenings find milk, cookies, coffees and teas laid out. All very nicely presented.

The best ? The Worst? The SAME thing. Two pitchers full of M&Ms and Jelly Belly jellybeans. Oh how we hated / loved / hated those ! LOL

This property is not only worth returning to, it is worth going to Charleston just for the experience.

Wonderfully and conveniently located near the Market, the Battery, East Bay Street and many fun restaurants and shopping, you will NOT lack for anything to do within and easy walk.

Room Tip: Most all the rooms are good as this is a quite hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLYBOY888PK

We are elated that y’all chose to celebrate Holly’s birthday with us! Thank you for all the wonderful compliments about our amenities and staff, especially Glori and Mike! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well back in beautiful Virginia!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to the French Quarter Inn since it opened (with 2 teenagers along in earlier years). It's always been perfect, so we always know where we'll stay when we visit Charleston. This past May, it had been about 5 years since we were in Charleston, but I hoped, of course, that we would be as happy w/ FQI this time as we have been in the past. The hotel didn't disappoint; in fact, it might be even better, if that's possible! Rooms are still super-clean, spacious and top-quality, with no wear and tear --perfectly maintained. Customer service is (as always) friendly on arrival, and practically immediate if you call for help with something (like figuring out the TV controls, ha ha.) All the staff are well-trained; they just don't hire people in any position that won't reflect the hotel's high standards and quality. They offer a very nice (but short) free happy hour with good wine and cheese in the lobby, which is a sweet way to wind down after a busy day exploring the beautiful city. We will continue to stay here whenever we come to Charleston -- hotel experiences just don't get any better than this!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank April S

Thank you for continuing to stay with us each time you visit Charleston! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our improvements and that you think so highly of our staff. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Pennsylvania were pleasant!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

There are so many glowing reviews of this hotel, I am not sure I need to add another, but all the kudos are 100% dead on!! I stayed here for 4 nights with my 3 grown daughters for a "Girls Trip" and everything about our stay was wonderful: location is terrific, no auto needed, absolutley lovely room, which was plenty large enough for the 4 of us. (We were considering a suite instead, but decided we would not be in the room much anyway and the standard double Queen was fine with a spacious bathroom to accomodate all of our beatification supplies!) The amenities were unbelievable: great breakfasts, all day gourmet beverages plus coffee and tea, the afternoon wine and cheese, and evening cookies, plus beautiful indoor and outdoor common areas. But the most impressive feature about the French Quarter Inn was the service! It is very similar to that of a Cruise Ship in that everyone is so gracious, polite, helpful and attentive to the guests every need. I have been to Charleston 2 times previously, staying in a B&B, but the French Quarter Inn has spoiled us and we can never stay anywhere else now!!

Room Tip: We did not have a balcony or terrace, but we really did not miss having one. We used the common area, terrace balcony which was right across the hall from our room on the 2nd floor. I believe the 2nd floor had the largest outdoor area except for the main Courtyard area downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PAHoney_11
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear PAHoney_11,

I am delighted to read y'all ladies had an amazing "girls trip!" Yes ma'am, we really do pride ourselves on genuine service, and it means so much to us that you recognize our efforts! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Brent Gresham,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The French Quarter Inn in the heart of beautiful Historic Downtown Charleston is a fabulous place to stay! From the beautifully appointed lobby/guest area and guest rooms to the very accommodating staff, this inn is not to be missed. A special thank you to Marvin who made us feel so welcomed immediately upon entering. What a special treat, too, to chat with the bell hop gentlemen every time we entered and exited the inn. Simply delightful. We knew quickly that we had entered a very special place.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious and presented in such an elegant manner. Taking advantage of the wine and cheese reception was a perfect idea while waiting for dinner reservations a while later. We would be remiss if we didn't mention the warm cookies that were presented in the evening! You couldn't pass them up even if you tried as the aroma wafted through the door of our guest room each and every evening! (..and not a complaint was had!)

The location of The French Quarter Inn is superb. One can step out to the Market just feet away as well as enjoy the excellent shopping experience along King Street, just a short walking distance from the FQI. After spending the day enjoying the sights in and around Charleston, it was oh so nice to return to the FQI to retire for the evening.

Great food, new friends and an ambience that is second to none. Thank you, French Quarter Inn, for two wonderful visits. There IS no other place to stay while in Charleston. Southern Hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear cshell25,

We hope y'all are doing well back in New York, and Marvin says hello! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Brent Gresham,