I can't say enough wonderful things about French Quarter Inn. The staff is friendly, the facilities are charming, the rooms are very comfortable, and the little extras they offer really make a difference. The Inn is located in the heart of Historic Charleston and is a short walk to some of the best restaurants and historic homes and museums.
My family and I stayed at the Inn for 3 nights in July 2013 which was just the right amount of time for what we wanted to see and do in the Charleston area. The room had two really comfy queen beds which was great after having stayed at earlier hotels in Washington, D.C. and North Carolina which only had double beds. The free WiFi was a nice plus as well.
Every morning, we awoke to a wonderful breakfast downstairs where we could choose to eat indoors or outdoors on the patio (we also had the option of having breakfast brought up to our room). We could choose from organic Greek yogurt with fresh fruits, an assortment of very good breads and pastries (not the dry and processed-tasting types that you get at lower-end hotels), warm quiches, lots of fruits and delicious juices (my favorite was the grapefruit juice which is saying a lot because I normally don't like grapefruit juice). When we would return to the hotel in the middle of the day, we'd re-energize with the coffee, tea, lavender lemonade, and "detox water" that's available 24/7 as well as the endless supply of M&M's and Jelly Belly's. Every night, there was warm, homemade cookies and milk to help us slumber that much better.
Although the Inn was undergoing construction (remodeling the bathrooms), we weren't bothered or inconvenienced by the work. The staff would great about leaving us letters in our room with information about the construction work that day that may impact us.
I have no reservations in recommending that you stay at French Quarter Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc