“Special place!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
ohio
“Special place!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location! Right near market! The staff were very attentive and friendly!! Our room was clean and beautiful. Worth the extra $$. Especially liked the coffee service on each floor and the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed the coffee service and complimentary breakfast! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Ohio were pleasant!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Where, oh where to begin?!! I'll simply say that in all of my extensive travels I've stayed at "top notch" hotels and resorts, and there isn't anyplace I've EVER stayed that tops The French Quarter Inn?!! The entire staff is exceptional, friendly and helpful in making your stay the best possible experience ever! Michael and Michelle at the front desk deserve a raise, for starters. They do it all, with a smile! No request is too much to ask for! Let's talk about the location of the property, next.. shall we?! Bam.. right smack dab in the heart of the downtown historic district, walking distance to the open air market, King St. and phenomenal restaurants. Bring comfy walking shoes as the streets are cobblestone and after a day of walking it was such a treat to come back to the spacious room with such an amazing and comfortable bed (more comfortable than my bed at home?!!) After a long outing here and there I decided to treat myself to an "in room massage" that the hotel set up.. ahhh.. delightful. 5 minutes after the massage was over, the phone rang and a kind gentleman advised me that a "hydrating treat" was on the way... with a beautiful bowl of fresh fruit, and ice water, and fresh flowers to accessorize the tray, delivered to my door?! WOW?! I loved the fact that if you didn't want to go downstairs for the continental breakfast (which is beyond just your ordinary continental breakfast) you can elect to have it brought to your room?! Whatever you do.. don't forget to check out the "pillow concierge" in your in room book to select the perfect pillow to enhance your sleeping experience?! I smile every time I think of my 2 day stay, and dream of my next visit to Charleston.. where I will never stay anyplace other than the FQI! Spare yourself from reading any other hotel reviews!! I promise, you'll have no regrets! Happy travels!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a king suite with a balcony! Why not.. life is not a dress rehearsal!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We are thrilled to top the list of hotels in your extensive travels! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed our each of our complimentary amenities and how relaxing your in-room massage was. And we are certainly count ourselves as lucky to have Michelle and Michael as part of our team! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well in sunny Florida!

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Old world accommodation in Historic district. So central we were able to walk everywhere. Hotel is beside market. (Carriage rides from near the market are well worth it )Complimentary wine and cheese each evening was a nice touch. Staff friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the recommendation! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to the beautiful UK were pleasant!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The reason we come back every time is the wonderful staff. When you walk in and are greeted by name after six months you know you are in the right place. This is a hotel that is worth every penny and then some. We always stay in the same room because we love the view but every room is wonderful and spacious. Breakfast is a great way to start the day whether it is delivered to your room or enjoyed downstairs. The staff goes out of their way to make sure your visit is perfect- even finding you a pair of pliers and helping fix your bracelet! Our housekeeper was so very sweet- Rose took the time to greet us each morning and always ask what our plans were for the day and how our day was yesterday. She also took the time to find me a vase for the beautiful roses from my husband. Their valet service is excellent. Might I add that I WILL NOT valet my car anywhere else but think nothing of handing these men my keys. The front desk staff is fabulous. Always taking the time to greet you and ask if there is anything they can do. All in all I am counting down my days to going back again!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Drob504
Thank you for all of the wonderfully kind notes about our team! It is always great to hear that my staff has gone above and beyond to make guests feel like they are part of the French Quarter Inn family. I will make sure Ms. Rose sees your wonderful comments; she is a true asset to our team. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just returned from a week in Charleston for Spoleto and, because we put our trip together a little at a time, we ended up staying in three different hotels. It was a bit of a pain but it allowed me to compare my favorite Charleston hotel (un-named) with a potential new one -- The French Quarter Inn. And the FQI won. We had stayed here once before when it first opened but we were in and out and I didn't get a chance to enjoy the amenities. This time I did and the place really performs. Great location, intimate service (when you check in you're offered champagne),lots of other little bonuses. Plus, I love all the outside seating spaces which are perfect for having a drink and looking over the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to be your new favorite Charleston hotel! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Columbia were pleasant!

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just spent five nights of our Honeymoon at the FQI Rooms are lovely, location great, lots of wonderful amenities. I agree with all of the other reviews that this is just a fantastic choice in Charleston. As others have mentioned, the breakfasts, wine and cheese receptions and milk & cookies are top notch.

I want to mention that I LOVE the abundance of towels in the bathrooms. It is such a luxury to have so many without having to call housekeeping for more. Love the water bottles delivered in the evening with the turn down service. The yummy chocolates as well. So many little extras!

Now the best part, THE STAFF!!!! They are ALL fantastic. Thank you in particular to Marvin, Jenny, Glori & Michelle, and Scott. Your warmth. hospitality, efficiency, smiles,conversation etc. could not be measured.

You all helped to assure that we had a wonderful honeymoon.

Stay at this property, you will never regret your choice if you do.

Sincerely, the Honeymooners from Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed each of our special amenities, and overjoyed that you had such a wonderful experience with our team! We would like to congratulate you again on your wedding and hope to have you stay with us again. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well back in Brooklyn!

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary in 2002. The hotel, new at the time, was running a $99 a night special. Those were the good old days. We stayed there once a year for the next few years, but with rising prices we were finally priced out about 3 years ago. We still visit Charleston annually, but stay elsewhere.

The hotel is gorgeous and but for one mishap, which was bad but eventually remedied, we've always had a nice stay. I know that there are rooms less expensive than $379 so check with French Quarter directly. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed. (I did not stay here in July 2012 as indicated. I had to pick a date to submit this review)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us on several occasions. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Our room rates do fluctuate with occupancy and season, so room rates tend to be less in the Winter months compared to the Spring months. From time to time we also offer specials through our email list, and I encourage you to contact us directly if we can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!