We were a family of 8 travelling south from NY to Florida and had thought of stopping by Charleston to break the trip. I did not have much expectations for the hotel as it was recommended to me by a relative though I was aware of it's high rating in Tripadvisor. We stayed here one night in two similar rooms both with 2 queen beds. The stay ended up quite delightful! Though we were slated to leave first thing in the morning we ended up maximizing our stay till noon.
The rooms were very well appointed with full amenities and great bathrooms. A plethora of Pillow choices (my daughter could not get over the Pillow menu they provided), comfortable beds ,great design made this hotel a place to visit instead of just a place to sleep in. Needless to say it was spotless and smelled great.
The hotel itself is very pretty and interesting. Though it is small, it did not feel crowded. It's location is unparalleled being right beside the main market and surrounded by dozens of eating places. Service was very attentive and they have thought of everything from a champagne welcome to complimentary breakfast to evening cocktails and milk and cookies for kids at night and complimentary bikes, all for guests of the Inn. Staff was not only friendly but you could get a sense of pride and sincerity and making sure your stay was as good as can be. We have stayed in great hotels all over the world and this Inn is every bit as good as these very famous hotels. I can't say enough good things about this place and can't think of ways to improve it.
I highly recommend this to all who may find themselves in Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc