“A Wonderful Experience!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manteo, North Carolina
“A Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The French Quarter Inn is the BEST hotel! My husband and I spent our anniversary there, and we were treated royally, but then, the staff treats everyone like royalty! Jenny and Mike were especially helpful. They went that extra mile to make our stay so wonderful. From the champagne upon arrival to the wine and cheese in the afternoon and the gourmet breakfast in the morning, the French Quarter Inn is exceptional. Their central location is convenient to anything you want to see or do in Charleston. A stay at this hotel is a true vacation!

• Stayed February 2013
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear june39,

Thank you for such high praises, and both Jenny and Mike say hello! We also hope all is well up in beautiful North Carolina! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We recently completed our second visit to this excellent hotel in Charleston. We had high expectations and they were easily met by the professional and attentive staff. Their attention to detail and willingness to cater to our every need was outstanding. The amenities offered at this property are excellent. The staff attention to detail made our visit very enjoyable. The wine and cheese in the afternoon is an excellent way to wind down after a full day of exploring the nearby attractions and historical areas. We plan on making this hotel a regular stop on our annual escape from the frozen north.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peggy L,

I thank you for the high praises, and we hope all is well back in beautiful Minnesota! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

texas
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights over New Year's and had a wonderful trip. The location is perfect, the staff stellar, the room very comfortable. I cannot say enough positive about our stay at the FQI. We booked a package, I believe it was "Just the Two of Us" and honestly feel we should have not booked this. Not that the offerings were not nice, we just were not able to use some of the things. We were never able to take the private carriage ride because booking was impossible, not the hotels fault (and they did give us a refund). The only available rides were right in the middle of the day and we were out sightseeing and not ready to return to the hotel just for a carriage ride. We did dine at Tristan on New Year's eve and it was perfect. The breakfast, wine and cheese and cookies were absolutely wonderful and we enjoyed having a glass of wine in the late afternoon in the sitting area, a nice way to relax at the end of a busy day before going out for dinner. My advice would be to book everything well in advance to be able to enjoy all amenities. The only problem we encountered was on our day of departure, there was no hot water and no one seemed to be able to say why or when it would be working. We had to leave the hotel that morning for the airport by 10am and had to do so without benefit of a shower! The front desk staff was understanding and kind and they did refund 1/2 the price of the room for the night before. But, it is hard to imagine at a hotel of this caliber not having hot water! We will be back and we will stay at FQI because all in all it was a perfect place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pam L
Dear ongo,

I hope all is well in the Great State of Texas! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We apologize for the inconvenience of the availability of the carriage rides--yes, at times it can be difficult to reserve due to their popularity.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a wonderful time here. We were upgraded to a suite on the 1st floor -- very quiet even though it was close to the lobby. The breakfast was simple but good and all the staff were very friendly. I loved the location -- easy to walk all over the city and to yummy restaurants. I would definitely stay again. Only thing they don't have is a workout room. Don't think they have a pool.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ina M
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Ina M,

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the welcome at arrival to the ease of checkout on departure this Inn did it "right". The staff is helpful to fault. Early morning coffee, then breakfast, then wine and cheese then cookies and milk...what is more to ask. The rooms are nice. The so called traditional rooms are a bit dark. Ask for room 222...it is lovely.Conference facilities are good for a small group and everything worked well. The location is fantastic and the hotel is tucked away so the rooms are quiet. A definite repeater. (ps..it would be nice to have a fitness center after all those great snacks)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RockNan
Dear RockNan,

I hope all is well up in beautiful Raleigh! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

they truly deserve the travel awards for best of 2012, service, rooms, atmosphere, special food &wine treats are all excellent quality while making you feel totally relaxed & comfortable, 5 star but not stuffy or pretentious. Another plus is easily walkable to anything in old charleston. I highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bluedarter3
Dear bluedarter3,

I thank you for such high praises and that you now know why we received #25 in the world! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I LOVE the FQI. My husband and I stayed at the FQI for three days including Valentines Day. I had been previously, but it was my husband's first visit. The first thing that is noticed is the very pleasant and efficient team at this establishment. EVERYONE IS AWESOME. Marvin and Michelle at reception took care of my Mother and I last year and it was good to see them again. They did not disappoint and they both remembered me and inquired after my Mother. REALLY?!!!! Awesome!!! The inn's attention to detail is amazing. The amenities which I thought were outstanding on my previous visit, were upgraded but still not pretentious...just perfect. The location is fantastic and is in walking distance to many great restaurants and many sights of Charleston. My Husband arranged with Michelle to surprised me with rose petals and chocolate covered strawberries after dinner on Valentines night. They started at the door and traveled into the room and on to the bed. Very, very nice.
Did I say I LOVE this place? This I hope will be a yearly trip for us as this has become a home away from home. However, even if we don't ever return my life has been made richer by the experiences at the FQI.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Conikazi8,

Wow! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.