“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a wonderful time here. We were upgraded to a suite on the 1st floor -- very quiet even though it was close to the lobby. The breakfast was simple but good and all the staff were very friendly. I loved the location -- easy to walk all over the city and to yummy restaurants. I would definitely stay again. Only thing they don't have is a workout room. Don't think they have a pool.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ina M
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Ina M,

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the welcome at arrival to the ease of checkout on departure this Inn did it "right". The staff is helpful to fault. Early morning coffee, then breakfast, then wine and cheese then cookies and milk...what is more to ask. The rooms are nice. The so called traditional rooms are a bit dark. Ask for room 222...it is lovely.Conference facilities are good for a small group and everything worked well. The location is fantastic and the hotel is tucked away so the rooms are quiet. A definite repeater. (ps..it would be nice to have a fitness center after all those great snacks)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RockNan

Dear RockNan,

I hope all is well up in beautiful Raleigh! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

they truly deserve the travel awards for best of 2012, service, rooms, atmosphere, special food &wine treats are all excellent quality while making you feel totally relaxed & comfortable, 5 star but not stuffy or pretentious. Another plus is easily walkable to anything in old charleston. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bluedarter3

Dear bluedarter3,

I thank you for such high praises and that you now know why we received #25 in the world! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I LOVE the FQI. My husband and I stayed at the FQI for three days including Valentines Day. I had been previously, but it was my husband's first visit. The first thing that is noticed is the very pleasant and efficient team at this establishment. EVERYONE IS AWESOME. Marvin and Michelle at reception took care of my Mother and I last year and it was good to see them again. They did not disappoint and they both remembered me and inquired after my Mother. REALLY?!!!! Awesome!!! The inn's attention to detail is amazing. The amenities which I thought were outstanding on my previous visit, were upgraded but still not pretentious...just perfect. The location is fantastic and is in walking distance to many great restaurants and many sights of Charleston. My Husband arranged with Michelle to surprised me with rose petals and chocolate covered strawberries after dinner on Valentines night. They started at the door and traveled into the room and on to the bed. Very, very nice.
Did I say I LOVE this place? This I hope will be a yearly trip for us as this has become a home away from home. However, even if we don't ever return my life has been made richer by the experiences at the FQI.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Conikazi8,

Wow! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Visited this beautiful city last weekend for my first time and fell in love. The Art, History and Food made for a very memorable stay in Charleston. Picked this inn after much research and all the great Trip Advisor reviews. We were given a glass of champagne upon arrival and with no hassle we were off to our room. The room was very clean and well equipped. They offer a complimentary wine & cheese spread that is a must do from 5-7pm every night and then cookies from 8:30-10:30pm. Turn down service included a milk chocolate, peanut butter treat as well as a dark chocolate one that was just what we wanted before resting our heads. Every morning I woke up to the smell of fresh brewing coffee. Reminded me of home as a child. They serve a beautiful complimentary continental breakfast with an assortment of healthy choices every morning as well. The only thing I may of changed was for the restaurant to be open earlier as we would of liked to pop in for an app and a glass of wine prior to hitting the town for a late dinner. But this is a lovely place that I will long remember and hope to visit again someday..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tina F,

I hope all is well down in sunny Florida! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are many nice things about this hotel: excellent location close to restaurants, historic district and shopping; nice, big, clean room; a glass of champagne on arrival; great cheese and wine at 5pm after a day of sightseeing; helpful staff. There was a bit of a crush at breakfast on one morning as this is served in the lobby and seating is limited but, otherwise, excellent.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DoingMyBucketList

Dear Ambothan,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stop in for a visit to Charelston at least once a year and always try to stay at the French Quarter Inn, as we like to treat ourselves. We always stay on the 1st floor and book accordingly. This most recent visit, in Feb of 2013, we were unable to stay on our requested floor and were upgraded to a beautiful suite with a huge outdoor deck overlooking Charleston. This was done as we drove from Florida to Charleston and had the good fortune of having Madison at the front desk help us with our room reservation and dinner reservation. We were treated like royalty. Over the next 48 hrs we were invited to a complementary wine and cheese party in the lobby at 5:30 and then to cookies and milk at 8 in the evening. It was awesome and and a neat way to meet other guests of the Inn. If you are in Charlston stay at the FQ Inn.
The front desk was very helpful , and we were kept informed of all activities by Madison, and her colleagues Michele and Nathan. I love this inn, and the beds are super comfy. Loved it! MJ

Room Tip: Dont stay anywhere else if you can help it. This palce is rated #1 for a good reason, it is #1!