Just got back from a 5 day, 4 night trip to Charleston, South Carolina.......WONDERFUL. What a great escape to enjoy excellent food, art, history, antiques, and did I mention excellent food (well, let me mention it again then!) and all in the friendliest southern city you could wish for! We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for the 2nd time and it was great, again. The people who work for this hotel go out of their way to make everything perfect. They bend over backwards for every single guest. This ranks tops for us........and we have stayed in many great hotels all over!!
Okay, and now for the food.....
Hall's Chop House; Great food (steaks a must), great service on King - make reservations!
Peninsula Grill; Also great food and service
Eli's: perfect brunch, bacon bloody mary's and bottomless mimosas (if you like)
Magnolia's and S.N.O.B. also great
Pearls; awesome oysters on the 1/2 and great bar
Queen82; great food and service
Husk; great food and service
So guess you could say "not a bad meal" and there are many more great ones to hit as well!
Other times we were there; High Cotton, Hanks, Fig, Cypress, Circa 1886
We are still working on our list......it seems to keep going
Art galleries are a must (lots of great ones) and Golden's Antiques (on King) - Awesome!
Carriage ride with history packed information - good to know stuff
Architecture is beautiful
We live only a few hours away from New Orleans so we go there 3 or 4 times a year, but we love Charleston......
We'll be back sooner than later!
Y'all have fun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc