“Always Amazing”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having found this randomly when searching for a holiday destination for myself and my Gf at the time... We loved it from the first day. The Rooms are amazing, the service is second to none, and although it is a very "posh" looking hotel we could come and go in jeans and T-shirts without feeling out of place. everyone is extremely friendly and more than happy to help if there is ever a problem. We in fact enjoyed it so much we returned there for our mini-moon after getting married in 2012. We were treated like royalty, having told them we were there for this occasion we returned to the room that evening to find a bottle of champagne/2 flutes a small bouquet of flowers and a letter with the kind regards and compliments of the management without expecting a thing. I doubt we will stay anywhere else when we visit Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Willz S
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Willz S,

It was our pleasure to have y'all stay with us again, and I thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

One of the most amazing Hotels in the World! No Kidding... Easy, fun, great location . The staff was wonderful. O.K....Free welcoming glass of Champagne..Free Wine and Cheese Hour...Free fresh baked cookies and milk in the evening. Free unbelievable continental breakfast , yes with Mimosas(even Chocolat croissants).Showers with incredible water pressure! Beautiful rooms...Chocolat with turndown service..Free bicycles. Choice of pillows. and always their famous free M&Ms and Jelly Beans all day....This review may seem to focus on the food, but stay here..., and focus on the FUN. If you stay anyplace else in Charlston, you will be making a big mistake...We will return,again & again... Thank you French Quarter Inn !!

4  Thank Dave166

Dear Dave166,

I hope all is well back in New York! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, those M&Ms and Jelly Bellies are certainly a big hit!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was our second time staying at the French Quarter Inn and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. This was our first trip with our 2 month old so we were nervous about how he would be. He was perfect and the staff fell in love with him from day one.

When we arrived at the Inn our room wasn't ready because they had a large group who had the entire hotel the night before. We checked in with Marvin who apologized for our room not being ready. We were fine waiting, so we decided to go walk around and have lunch. We returned to the hotel to find that our room still wasn't ready. Since we were traveling with a little one, Marvin did some rearranging and was able to upgrade us so we could get into a room. He was wonderful to work with and truly made our trip memorable.

If you are looking for a NICE hotel with wonderful customer service, look no further than the French Quarter Inn.

2  Thank Amanda M

Dear Amanda M,

I thank you for the camaraderie to our Inn; we enjoyed having y'all stay with us again! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope y'all had a pleasant trip back to sunny Florida, and Marvin says "hello!"

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having stayed on the Club Level at many Ritz-Carlton's around the country I can only say for the price, this tops them all. Notice "for the price"....but believe me, their linens, pillows, mattresses and size of room are on par. In fact, their rooms are larger than standard rooms at the Ritz. Pristine clean.
So beautiful is the Lobby that you may never leave to go outside. So charming are the staff that you will feel they were trained by the Ritz.
I keep comparing the two because I feel they are comprable. Loved the continental breakfast, the tea time cheese, fruit, crackers and wine and the nighttime cookies and milk topped the day. 24 hr hot chocolate, coffee, teas and snacks.
Walk out the door and you're in the heart of the Historic District.

3  Thank lburnett2
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear lburnett2,

I hope all is well and warm in beautiful Tampa! Your high praises about our Inn were most uplifting and appreciative by the entire team here, and I am delighted to read your review as being compared to Club Level at Ritz-Carlton is an absolute honor!

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

If you go to Charleston and don't stay at this hotel--you've cheated yourself out of a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived, it was a very positive experience. The staff, every single one, treated us like royalty. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained. I'm a bit of a clean freak and this hotel gets very high marks for cleanliness. It's within walking distance of many great restaurants and if you don't feel like walking, they have bicycles you can borrow! This is one of the finest , friendliest hotels anyone could want.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank skysis

Dear skysis,

I am delighted to read your great praises about our Inn, and I hope your travels back to beautiful Charlotte were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, perfectly located in the historic district. Beautiful spacious rooms, reserve a balcony suite. I traveled here with 3 girlfriends and we were very pleased with the size of the the room. The staff is very attentive and helpful. I drink soy milk and the staff bought it especially for me when I requested some. You will be so happy if you chose this hotel as your base for visiting Charleston!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank zippycatArkansas
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear zippycatArkansas,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Arkansas! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I am delighted to read that all the ladies enjoyed their stay!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at this property when we got married and try to come back every year. It is a beautiful, quaint property. The staff are there to please you in every way. The rooms have many different pillows to choose from in bed. We have never eaten at the hotel's restaurant, but looks good. You can ride the complimentary bike the property includes with your stay. They always put a chilled bottle of champagne in our room for our anniversary.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary B

Dear happystylist1,

I thank you for your camaraderie to our Inn, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn! We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope y'all are well back in Atlanta!