“Worthy of the 4 Diamond Rating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Annapolis, Maryland
“Worthy of the 4 Diamond Rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have worked in many hotels and traveled in the U.S., Europe, and the Mideast and the French Quarter Inn is by far the BEST hotel in my opinion. As soon as you drive up the bellmen greet you warmly, Glori and Michelle at the front desk were very accommodating and friendly. Scott the Guest Service Manager was a delight to talk with as he checked in with my mom and myself throughout our stay. Raya at the breakfast was gracious making sure that we had all that we needed. Unfortunately I did not get everyone's name but everyone I came in contact with was friendly always checked to see if there was anything we needed. The complimentary breakfast, champagne at check in, wine and cheese, cookies, & turndown service were the icing on the cake! Will be back soon.

Room Tip: Room 106 with 2 queen beds was large and comfortable. Facing the City Market the view was great. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Kristaeaw,

Wow! I am delighted to read your high praises about our Inn, and your comments are greatly valued by all of us, especially being that you are a well-traveled guest! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope you travels back to Maryland were pleasant!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Rising Sun, MD.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for two days. Everything was excellent! This hotel is located in a great area, and the staff was wonderful! We were extremely impressed with how clean they keep everything in the hotel. We loved everything that this hotel has to offer!!!! I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel. I cannot wait to go back to Charleston since this was our first visit there, and I cannot wait to stay at the French Quarter Inn again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gmm1974
Dear gmm1974,

I hope your travels back to Maryland were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Great rooms and great services. The staff and management were wonderful. The hotel is located down town Charleston, SC and is within walking distant to the historic market and shops. My wife and I will stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Bill C
Dear Bill C,

I am delighted to read your amazing praises about our Inn, and I thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience! We look forward to welcoming you and your bride back again!

Naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Location and hotel great, evening wine reception a lovely touch and the nightly cookies were a big hit with the kids. We even had a bottle of champagne to greet us in our room on arrival to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank JoanneNaperville
Dear JoanneNaperville,

I am glad y'all enjoyed your stay, and I cannot help but laugh when I read about the cookies...children always seem to love them! Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn.

Easton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I had planned an extended weekend in Charleston, which was extended even further due to Hurricane Sandy and our inability to get back to our house in CT. Upon checking in, we were greeted by Jenny, who could not have been any more accommodating, kind, and gracious. We had spent the prior two nights at Charleston Place and you could immediately tell the difference in service, with the staff of French Quarter Inn being much more welcoming. The amenities and location were not only on par with Charleston Place, but better.
That being said, the reason we would make French Quarter Inn our hotel of choice the next time we stay in Charleston would be because of the service. After receiving reports from our neighbors that we were still without power and water in CT, we extended our stay an additional two days at the time we were supposed to be checking out. Jenny was incredibly gracious and made sure we were able to stay in the same room we had been in the couple of nights prior. Also, at a time when it was evident we had to extend our stay, the rate that Jenny was able to provide us was incredibly generous. At a time when we could have been taken advantage of Jenny made certain we were taken care of instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Chris D,

I hope your travels back to Connecticut were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Jenny says hello too!

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for two nights in late October when our travel plans changed and we had to pick up our cruise in Charleston instead of NYC. The front desk staff were very friendly and check-in was quick and easy (the glasses of sparking wine didn't hurt!). The hotel is nicely located in downtown Charleston - near one of the best restaurant areas and also the cruise ship area. Perfect for our needs.

Our room was clean and comfortable. One suggestion I would offer to the hotel, though, is to make better use of the spacious bathroom - you could do something quite exceptional in that space. We took advantage of the continental breakfast each morning, the M&Ms and Jelly Bellies during the day and the cookies and milk in the evening. Quite lovely amenities! The hotel was quiet, with the exception of the very loud garbage pick-up at 7a.m. each morning (not within the hotel's control).

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear lepa,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Canada were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Both myself and the owners agree with your thoughts regarding the bathrooms, and I am glad to say we just completed our first phase of bathrooms renovations (visit our Facebook page for pictures of them); I know y'all would just absolutely love them! My sincerest apologies regarding the trash trucks by the city as this is an issue every downtown hotel is battling with the Charleston...I do believe we are making some progress though.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently returned from a stay at FQI. As most everyone has mentioned, the staff at the hotel are true hospitality professionals. You don't get the sense that's there's only about 50 rooms because there seems to be that many folks working. The service and amenities shine. During the afternoon, you could sip on...wait on it...9 complimentary beverages (not including the welcome flute of bubbles).They served regular & decaf coffee, 12 varieties of very good tea. Here it's worth noting that all of this is served on china, glass & silver, including lemons and mini jars of honey. Also available was peach tea, lemonade, detox orange water (?), egg nog, apple cider, and hot chocolate with all the trimmings including candy canes, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The wine & cheese was also all served on CG&S. The cookies in the evening were warm and the milk was cold. We didn't see the breakfast spread as we had it delivered at the appointed time by a lovely server on a tray filled with a vast assortment you customize the night before on a menu left on your bed. Speaking of the bed, it was the highlight of our junior suite. Very comfy. The room itself was large with a fireplace and HUGE terrace which included seating for 8 and could easily accommodate 20 visitors (not that we know 20 Charleston folks). The room was showing some signs of high occupancy wear & tear- especially the walls and corners. The bathroom was also large and included nice bath amenities. My only real complaint considering the price point and 4 diamond rating were the towels. While the bedding linens were top notch, the towels were run-of-the-mill and graying. I would have loved bath sheets and plusher, whiter terry. That may be splitting hairs but for $300/night, your expectations run high. The FQI met those expectations and the staff shined throughout our stay. There are plenty of opportunities to tip for excellent service and you should ensure you have plenty of cash to properly extend your appreciation for the true southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Book a suite with the terrace if you have nice weather or plan on entertaining friends.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GLBTtraveler
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear GLBTtraveler,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Maryland! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words and detailed review about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers; your review was one of the best, and most thorough I have read in some time. In regards to the inn, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our amenities and facilities; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with some of the inn’s upcoming highlights including new and very plush bath linen.