“Special Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Special Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My sisters and I recently celebrated a special birthday in Charleston, SC, at the French Quarter Inn. From the moment we arrived, we were recognized as "the sisters" and were constantly asked, "So which one is celebrating a birthday?". We felt like their only guests! They even shared the birthday news with restaurants as they made our reservations. From complimentary champagne at check-in to wine and cheese in late afternoon, the hotel strives to create a special experience for guests.The rooms are lovely (ours had a fireplace and terrace), and the location is in walking distance of great restaurants, sights, and shopping. Being in one of the most beautiful cities in America can only be topped by staying at one of its best hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear JJJAtlanta_Georgia,

I hope all is well back in Atlanta! I am delighted we made "the sisters" stay a wonderful one, and your high praises really does keep the entire team ticking to be the best!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was alittle unsure about booking this Hotel as we are a family with 3 children. Even though they are well behaved most of the time and the youngest is 11, I felt it might be to traditional for them. Well it was like a breath of fresh air we had been travelling down the east coast for a few weeks and getting a bit sick of feeling like a number or an incovience to some hotels. As soon as we arrived you could feel the difference. The room we were given was big and airy and had a fantastic bathroom. One you could move in and not hit yourself on a wall. The staff were friendly and helpful and provided afternoon tea, constant access to drinks and breakfast the next morning. It felt like we had come to visit a friends home not that we were a customer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear AussieNSW,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Sydney were pleasant! We love how you felt it was like visiting a friend's home...we strive for that sort of hospitality. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very clean rooms.
Helpful front desk.
Very prompt valet.
Decent continental breakfast, fresh cookies at night a nice touch.
Walking distance to tons of good restaurants.

I will probably book at their sister property Harborview Inn next time as is it seems to have the same amenities but is on the water and in walking distance to this hotel.

My complaint is their very soft beds, would have received a 5* but for the beds.

stayed in October.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Virkes
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear WTPR,

I hope your travels back to New York were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy our mattresses. I will certainly be honest and tell you that we have had some similar feedback, and we are looking into options of firming the beds. I am glad to read that y'all enjoyed our other amenities.

Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This location is close to everything you'd want to do in Charleston. Sandwiched between the best restaurants and shopping. The famous market is right across the street from the hotel. The restaurant is about 1.5 half blocks away. The battery and the harbor (gorgeous views) is less than a 7 minute walk away.

Any tour you could ask for (walking, carriage, etc.) all depart within a 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.

Our room itself is gorgeously appointed with comfy beds, options for pillows (they have an extensive pillow menu...how fancy), gorgeous furnishings, flat screen tv, granite and tiled bathroom...I could go on!

Breakfast is part of the hotel amenities every day and can be delivered to the room for free. As part of our honeymoon, we opted to take breakfast in the room on most days of the week.

The hotel is smaller and the staff are empowered to be excellent in terms of service. It did not matter whether it was the front desk, valet or room service, EVERYONE was of excellent service. Not only were they of service, they were warm and endearing. Our six nights there were some of the best I've ever had on a vacation.

The worst thing about this place, is that they'll ruin you for any other hotel stay. They set a very high bar.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center here, but running on the battery is a great substitute. It is a very ins...
1 Thank Aidil H
Dear Aidil H,

Wow! We are all so delighted here at the Inn to read your high praises, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in beautiful Durham!

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here in October. It is very central so you don't need a car to get around and see all the sights. Very pleasant room (I think it must have been one of the smaller ones as we did not have a balcony or sitting area), spacious bathroom and we particularly enjoyed the daily coffee/refreshments/, wine and cheese in the evening and of course, all those M&M's!

While there obviously is no pool or spacious outdoor areas, there is a pretty little patio for an al-fresco experience.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Jennyx
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jennyx,

Yes ma'am, October is an amazing time of the year in the Lowcountry! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in beautiful San Diego!

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been to this hotel several times over the years, and I was "blown away" this time as the staff and all the little extras made us feel like royalty. Every single person working there was smiling and calling us by NAME (amazing how they remember). The breakfast was amazing (way better than my previous visits) and included within the rate. Our room had a view of Charleston that was worth the price itself. I must admit the bathrooms could use some upgrading now, but after chatting with the very polite Hotel Manager, it sounds like those are being upgraded very soon and they already sound world-class. Simply put, this hotel keeps getting better!! I cannot wait for next fall!

Room Tip: 301 was our room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristina S
Dear Kristina S,

I hope the beautiful Boulder is treating you well! I visited Boulder for the first time last year and found it to be an amazing town--one of my all-time favorites. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose this hotel from trip advisor list of recommended places to stay. What a winner. We thought we were going to be there for 2 nights, but ended up staying 4. The entire staff made us feel as though we were at home....our room was a delight ...again just like home. The service was perfection. We hated to leave and I know that we will return.....we recommend this hotel and grade it a 10.

Room Tip: Every room is different. There are only 50 rooms. We had a room with a king size bed. Some rooms hav...
4 Thank Susan K
Dear Susan K,

I thank you for the 10 score! Your high praises are much appreciated by our entire team, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.