“Over the moon! Awesome!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Over the moon! Awesome!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This location is close to everything you'd want to do in Charleston. Sandwiched between the best restaurants and shopping. The famous market is right across the street from the hotel. The restaurant is about 1.5 half blocks away. The battery and the harbor (gorgeous views) is less than a 7 minute walk away.

Any tour you could ask for (walking, carriage, etc.) all depart within a 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.

Our room itself is gorgeously appointed with comfy beds, options for pillows (they have an extensive pillow menu...how fancy), gorgeous furnishings, flat screen tv, granite and tiled bathroom...I could go on!

Breakfast is part of the hotel amenities every day and can be delivered to the room for free. As part of our honeymoon, we opted to take breakfast in the room on most days of the week.

The hotel is smaller and the staff are empowered to be excellent in terms of service. It did not matter whether it was the front desk, valet or room service, EVERYONE was of excellent service. Not only were they of service, they were warm and endearing. Our six nights there were some of the best I've ever had on a vacation.

The worst thing about this place, is that they'll ruin you for any other hotel stay. They set a very high bar.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center here, but running on the battery is a great substitute. It is a very ins...
1 Thank Aidil H
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Aidil H,

Wow! We are all so delighted here at the Inn to read your high praises, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in beautiful Durham!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
San Diego
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here in October. It is very central so you don't need a car to get around and see all the sights. Very pleasant room (I think it must have been one of the smaller ones as we did not have a balcony or sitting area), spacious bathroom and we particularly enjoyed the daily coffee/refreshments/, wine and cheese in the evening and of course, all those M&M's!

While there obviously is no pool or spacious outdoor areas, there is a pretty little patio for an al-fresco experience.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Jennyx
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jennyx,

Yes ma'am, October is an amazing time of the year in the Lowcountry! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in beautiful San Diego!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been to this hotel several times over the years, and I was "blown away" this time as the staff and all the little extras made us feel like royalty. Every single person working there was smiling and calling us by NAME (amazing how they remember). The breakfast was amazing (way better than my previous visits) and included within the rate. Our room had a view of Charleston that was worth the price itself. I must admit the bathrooms could use some upgrading now, but after chatting with the very polite Hotel Manager, it sounds like those are being upgraded very soon and they already sound world-class. Simply put, this hotel keeps getting better!! I cannot wait for next fall!

Room Tip: 301 was our room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristina S
Dear Kristina S,

I hope the beautiful Boulder is treating you well! I visited Boulder for the first time last year and found it to be an amazing town--one of my all-time favorites. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Mill Valley, California
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose this hotel from trip advisor list of recommended places to stay. What a winner. We thought we were going to be there for 2 nights, but ended up staying 4. The entire staff made us feel as though we were at home....our room was a delight ...again just like home. The service was perfection. We hated to leave and I know that we will return.....we recommend this hotel and grade it a 10.

Room Tip: Every room is different. There are only 50 rooms. We had a room with a king size bed. Some rooms hav...
4 Thank Susan K
Dear Susan K,

I thank you for the 10 score! Your high praises are much appreciated by our entire team, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Austin, TX
Reviewed November 1, 2012

my husband and i spent 4 nites here for our 7th anniversary celebration.
what a treat from AM to PM -- our room was beautiful, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious, and the hospitality unbeatable.

Room Tip: check out sniqueaway.com for deals.
1 Thank vegetarian-girl
Dear vegetarian-girl,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Austin! I was just there for a vacation and it keeps getting better--truly one of the best cities in the US. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked the French Quarter Inn based on the great Tripadvisor reviews and they were all 100% accurate. The location in Charleston is unbeatable, you're within walking distance of anything you want to do downtown. The staff was the best I've ever encountered in my travels, every person that I encountered on the staff was cheerful, upbeat and seemed to love their job and their hotel.

We were flying to North Carolina as Sandy was coming in and decided to book a room in Charleston for the first night to be further south. We were so charmed by our experience at the French Quarter Inn that we booked rooms for later in the week as a road trip for ourselves and our guests that were joining us.

My tip for the hotel would be to book rooms 301 or 320, which have terraces nearly as large as the room (we stayed in both of them between our visits). Oh, and the bathrooms are among the largest that I've ever seen in a boutique hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Drew Z,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Louisiana! My team was delighted by your high praises as we do pride ourselves on flawless service. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The French Quarter Inn is the perfect place to stay. The location is great and walking is easy to sights, restaurants and the Market... The staff is excellent ..outstanding attentive service! If you should need a cab, be sure to ask at the desk for the car service they use. Reasonable, dependable and first class. The breakfast, while continental style, was in a class of its own. Cheese and wine reception at 5 and cookies and milk in the evening were both lovely touches. Tristan is the award dinner restaurant in the hotel and was very good. Check it out! Be sure to take advantage of the pillow menu..We were there for four nights and were sorry when it was time to leave... Would return on another trip to Charleston. Please note, I gave one less star to value only because of the weekend rate.. weekday rate definitely falls into top value. With that said, stay there anytime...well worth it...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sharon W,

I thank you for your high praises! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, I love the pillow menu too!