“Great Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at French Quarter Inn while visiting Charleston for the first time...What a great impression. Hotel is clean and views from balcony are such a great feeling of Charleston. We had our two teenage children with us and the room was great. I would not recommend staying with younger children at this hotel. Very friendly staff...a little stuffy, but not too bad. It is not cheap and you have to pay for parking, but it is a very central location to walk everywhere downtown.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Edith D,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Pennsylvania were pleasant and uneventful! Thank you so much for your kind words about our Inn! I would say the Inn tends to be more of a establishment for adults, yet we do have several families every week stay with us and find the Inn to be very accommodating for all ages.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
ct
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were there recently and the staff, amenities, location, etc., were lovely. I would recommend this hotel for a perfect Charleston getaway.
I noticed people heading out to the beaches in the area and many friend groups. There is a lovely terrace for outside breakfast dining. The food was very nice...continental breakfast, wine and evening snacks..cookies and milk after dinners out. Coffee and various teas are available all day.

Room Tip: A King suite, of course
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear GerriCt,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Connecticut were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and myself along with best friends of ours spent an overnight @ The French Quarter Inn. This was a gift to me to celebrate a special birthday. From the minute we pulled into the front of the hotel we were treated with true Southern hospitality. The staff is polite, friendly, and efficient. When we checked in we asked for the glass of champagne promised on their web site and happily was given one. This set the tone for a wonderful stay. The lobby is just beautiful with a circular staircase. The rooms are lovely; with French decor and linens. The bed was extremely comfortable. The continental breakfast in the beautiful courtyard was delicious. What a lovely, peaceful spot. The location is perfect for restaurants and all Charleston has to offer. We would definitely given the chance, stay at the French Quarter Inn and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JoeandSueC,

I first want to thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! I am delighted to read that everyone enjoyed their stay. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Pittsford, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our company went to Charleston to celebrate a major milestone. 26 of us stayed at the French Quarter Inn. None of us were disappointed. From the time we checked in through our departure, we were treated like royalty. Scott Martindale, Services Manager, helped with any and all of our needs. The rooms were quiet and spacious. The morning breakfast, the wine and cheese each afternoon, and cookies each evening were widely enjoyed by our group. The location of the hotel is ideal. It is in the heart of the action. We all agreed we would recommend this hotel to anyone paying a visit to this charming city.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are on the second floor of the hotel (not ground floor), so they are very nice and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James G
Dear James G,

I am delighted to read your high praises, and I hope your travels back to New York were pleasant! Yes sir, Scott Martindale is truly a gem in our industry--he will go very far! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Irvine, ca
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a king suite on the second floor. My wife love the room and the hotel, but I found it lacking in some respects.

This hotel has location, location, location. All the activities around Market Street (the carriage rides and shopping) are just outside the door to the hotel. You could not be more centrally located.

The hotel staff was very friendly, professional and accommodating. It is a very nice touch to offer guests a glass of sparkling wine on check-in. In similar vane, there is a daily breakfast of fruit, cereals, and pastries, an afternoon wine and cheese reception, and evening cookies and warm milk. These offerings were upscale and impressive. There was no wait for the bellman to bring our car when we called for it.

My chief complaints were the bed (it sagged) and the older carpeting. The carpet looked like it could use a good cleaning. I noted the buildup of dust that showed against the dark blue carpet around the heavy pieces of furniture where the vacuum cleaner can't quite reach. When you are paying several hundred dollars a night for a room, one would hope that it would be spotless.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear brucegary,

I hope all is well back in beautiful California! It was a pleasure having y'all, and I greatly appreciate y'all giving us the opportunity to serve you. It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations. We are actually addressing the soft bed and carpet issues with our owners, and should have a resolution very soon.

In regards to the inn, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with some of the inn’s upcoming improvements. We recognize that there are great properties in Charleston and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Brent Gresham

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Everything about the hotel was top notch - room, amenities, location, ambiance and service. The night concierges Michelle and Glori were amazing! I have stayed at 5 star hotels around the world, and I have never received such genuine, helpful, and friendly service as I did from those gals! I also had a very nice conversation with the hotel manager, Brent, during the wine and cheese reception. I don't believe during my travels I have ever met a hotel manager, let alone have a friendly conversation with one! He took the time to chat with everyone. You can find a great hotel anywhere, but it's the staff that made The French Quarter Inn so outstanding. I will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Diane O,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Pennsylvania were pleasant! It was an absolute pleasure meeting y'all--it truly is the best part of my profession when I get to spend time with our guests. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, Michelle and Glori says "hello!"

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were celebrating or 5th wedding anniversary in Charleston and we could not decide between this hotel and the Wentworth Mansion, so we decided to stay at both. They front reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful.The service was very good and the location was great, but for the same price we stayed at the Wentworth Mansion which is an experience all to itself.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank snax77
Dear snax77,

We all here at the Inn greatly appreciate that y'all chose to stay with us for such a special occasion, and I hope your travels back home were pleasant and uneventful. I greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review, and I apologize if we did not exceed all of your expectations as we do not settle on anything less than 100% satisfaction.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Brent Gresham