“Amazing Weekend!!! The BEST place to stay in Charleston!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Merrick, New York
“Amazing Weekend!!! The BEST place to stay in Charleston!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had the most amazing weekend at the French Quarter Inn! From the minute we checked in to the time we checked out, everything was perfect. We had the essentials package that gave you gift certificates to different attractions and restaurants-well worth the price!

The room was beautiful and we had a giant balcony that was perfect for hanging out on and eating breakfast on each morning.

All the snacks in the lobby and the wonderful breakfast and happy hour were a lot of fun, not to mention, DELICIOUS!!!

You have to try the pillow menu-so much fun to check out a different pillow each night. :)

A big shout out to Mike and Jenny and the front desk for all of their help and advice!!!

We had the best weekend and can't wait to go back!!!

Thanks agin from the girls in Room 213!!! :)

Room Tip: Any room is great, but the balconies are awesome!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear edandmer,

Your comments about us are most appreciated by everyone here especially by Mike and Jenny who says hello! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here back in November of 2011 and absolutely loved this inn!!! Great benefits of staying with the French Quarter Inn include: Free continental breakfast that can be brought up to your room, free M&Ms and Jelly Belly's in lobby, free champagne and lady fingers everyday at 3pm, daily wine and cheese reception, and fresh baked cookies and milk every night!! We loved our room it was amazing! we are returning to Charleston but are trying to save money so booked another hotel... Definitely will be returning soon though! Great location!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Caitlin B,

We are honored that you regard us as the best in Charleston. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were planning on staying at the French quarter inn all week but the room was tiny and the "oversized bathroom" was the size of a regular holiday inn bathroom. The hotel was situated in what felt like an alley. The only decent thing about this hotel was the breakfast delivered to your room with such little space though, there was hardly any room to eat it. Needless to say, we stayed one night. Will not be back and will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Cheriseslish
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Cheriseslish,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review. Unfortunately we were not given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here. Please call me at 843.724.4340 to discuss you stay.

In regards to the inn, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with some of the inn’s upcoming improvements. We recognize that there are great properties in Charleston and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Brent Gresham

Sheffield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

From the welcome at the door by the valet who parked our car, to the lady who served the wine and cheese in the afternoons, every person we met who worked in this hotel was warm , friendly and knowledgeable. Our suite was spacious and the beds incredibly comfortable especially with the pillows we chose from the 'pillow menu'

Special mention must go to Michaela on reception who helped us sort out a wireless connection on our phones/ipad, a minor problem with our TV that was due to our ignorance rather than an actual problem and pointed us to the box of DVDs we could borrow for free.

The turndown service in the evening was special and welcome and cookies and mild before bedtime was lovely.

Excellent in every way :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Robo37,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I will make sure to acknowledge Michelle's great service efforts; I love the DVD drawer too!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

For the cost of the rooms, we were very disappointed with the amenities and services provided by the hotel. While it is true that the hotel enjoys the perfect location and provides a variety of food services in the lobby, it is lacking. We were staying at the hotel while attending a wedding weekend in Charleston, so we could not enjoy the the wine and cheese/cookies and milk options. We had no champagne at check-in. There is no swimming pool or workout facility which we wrongly assumed would be there. Further, the rooms are "tired". The bath has a single sink, shower/tub combo, and a very old bed. We did not have maid service during the day on Saturday and returned at 2:30 to find a room that had not been touched since our departure at 9:30. Yes, we have stayed in hotels that were worse, but not at this price or with this reputation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Lily2727_11
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Lily2727_11,

Brent Gresham

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We arrived late in the evening after having driven about 10 hours and were greeted warmly by the desk staff who made sure to answer our questions and show us some candy and cookies which were available in the lobby. The room was beautiful; indeed, I took some pictures to send to family and friends in FL and NY.
In the morning, I was greeted with the newspaper and treated to a free and sumptuous breakfast, while recognizing I was only seconds away from the market. Later in the afternoon,I had some wine and cheese before feasting on a true southern dinner.To finish up the evening, I indulged in the cookies and milk which are also available in the lobby in the evenings!

This is a FABULOUS hotel and I cannot imagine a better place to stay in such a beautiful city. No doubt, I will stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank babsie027
Dear babsie027,

I am so glad to read that you found us to be FABULOUS! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were so lucky to find this hotel for our last minute trip to Charleston. A friend recommended it, and I'm so happy he did. The location is one of the most convenient in Charleston--directly in the center of the Market, within walking distance to all of the tourist sights, shopping, and best restaurants Charleston has to offer. The complimentary champagne at check in was an unexpected but welcome treat after a long drive. We also arrived during the hotel's complimentary afternoon wine and cheese tasting, which was an additional perk. The valet was so friendly and accommodating, as he unpacked the car, hurried up to the room with our luggage, and left the car at the front door for us when we told him we needed to change clothes quickly to make it in time for an event. When I realized I had forgotten my lint roller, the concierge was happy to provide me with one. When we arrived back at our room for the night, some delicious chocolate had been left for us on the night stand. :) The complimentary breakfast each morning was delicious. I had the hard boiled eggs, a wonderful croissant, and a pastry. The terrace breakfast setting was truly romantic and so Charleston. Our room was perfect--clean, nicely decorated, comfortable beds, plenty of closet space and hangers, and a nice sized bathroom with extra towels. The coffee and tea bar on each floor was another unexpected but wonderful addition to the unique, well thought out amenities of this hotel. Overall, the feel of the hotel (and its guests) was upscale, yet extremely friendly and approachable. I have stayed in many other high end hotels, and the French Quarter Inn successfully elicits luxury without being stuffy, and the staff exudes the charm and hospitality for which Charleston is so renowned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ackerly
Dear Ackerly,

Wow! I am delighted to read all of your wonderful comments about our inn! The team here will love reading your kind words. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.