Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District
Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This property is great...aside from being within walking distance to most of Charleston's downtown nightlife, the staff is great and the property is clean and well kept! I stay here almost every time I am in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This Hampton Inn is located perfectly in the downtown Charleston area and right accross the street from the visitor's center and public transportation. I realize that you pay for the location but beyond that, this is a pretty typical Hampton Inn. I will say they do not have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on and unless you like really, really soft pillows, they are even worse. I spend 50 to 100 nights/year in hotels for business and am a gold level Hilton Honors member. I was not recognized for that loyalty at check-in even though the next customer in line was. Last year I had a "difference of opinion" with Hilton and this year I am protesting by staying almost exclusively at IHG franchises. This was only my second stay in 2014 at a Hilton property and I was given no real reason to discontinue my protest. There are other major franchises in the Charleston area and I will definitley check them out the next time I am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We recently stayed at this property for three nights (Sat - Mon). GREAT LOCATION, right across the street from the free shuttle service. The property is very clean and the staff were very pleasant, helpful and you could see, happy. the really seemed to work well together. The morning hot breakfast was fine. the staff continually replenished things on the buffet. had to understand on a 3 night stay how my rates were Sat $289, Sun $209 and Mon. $149??
I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Will definitely stay here again! Great location, friendly staff, and nice breakfast. We by chance received an upgrade to a suite even though we arrived early. This is my new spot to stay while in Charleston.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Thanks to the helpful folks at the front desk, we were set up with a city tour and lunch recommendation within minutes of checking into the hotel. This venue is directly across the street from the Visitor's Center and city trolley stop. Plus King Street and great dining are only a short walk away. A parking garage is adjacent to the hotel, so using a car to get around the city and surrounding areas is relatively easy too. Our two-night stay was a very pleasant experience.

2  Thank janiewa
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here in June and had a great time! The location was great because it was near King St. and all the shops and dining you could imagine! It was a about 1 mile to the water and where you can go to Fort Sumter.

The rooms were very clean all the modern conveniences but with old charm. We would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Aubrey R
Reviewed June 13, 2014

When a father needed some help finding his daughter a place to stay when other plans didn't work out Tafey and Kevin where all to happy to help us out.

For no reason other than being good folks, they took time from their day to help make sure she was safe and looked after.....Words aren't enough! If they would do this for a none guest I can only imagine the service they provide to their staying guests.....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family