Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District
$179
$319
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $395/night.

$212
$189
EmbassySuites.com
$239
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$186
$161
  • Restaurant
$219
$186
  • Pool
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$269
2,136 results
All reviewsvisitor centerhistoric districtfree trolleygreat locationjohn streetmusic hallking streettrolley stopparking garagedirectly across the streetwithin walking distancefree breakfastmeeting streetper dayhotel is locatedthe breakfast areafirst floor
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was such a nice Hampton Inn. Very clean rooms. We had a small issue in the bathroom with our toilet but there work crew was on it within ten minutes and the problem was resolved quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to places. The continental breakfast had many choices. More than most hotels. It was very tasty and more healthy choices to choose from. It was near all the downtown attractions. Overall we throughly enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn.

2  Thank Cindy F
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay was for 3 nights, 10th, 11th, 12th Oct. Nice hotel, clean, quiet room, comfortable beds, friendly staff, at a competitive price. Right opposite the Visitor centre, where most of the tours leave from, as well as the free "trolleys".Good breakfast . Good restaurants within walking distance and downtown is walkable (about 30 minutes) and interesting on the way. It's another Hampton.

2  Thank SouthOztraveller
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here on our recent trip to Charleston and it was just what we needed. It's downtown and right by the Visitor's Center and walking distance to a lot of the restaurants and attractions/sites. We've stayed a lot of Hampton Inns and have always liked them (especially the beds!), so we decided to stay here. It's fairly priced for a downtown hotel. If you like Hampton Inn and are looking for a convenient location to stay in downtown Charleston, this will do the trick!

Room Tip: Our room was on the opposite side from the Visitor's Center and had a very nice view.
1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I just stayed here with a large "picky" group. For the price, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The beds are super comfy and the room decor fits right in with historic Charleston. The location is walking distance to everything historic. The Visitor's Center is right across the street. There are SEVERAL restaurants within a 1 block walk. Breakfast is a step above the normal continental with the addition of sausage and scrambled eggs. There is always a fresh pot of coffee PLUS hot chocolate and hot tea available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank TourPrincess
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. It has all the usual Hilton property perks, like free breakfast, morning newspaper etc. Great location, and easy walking distance to many excellent restaurants and attractions in the historic section of Charleston. $14/day to park. The staff was friendly whenever I had to interact with them. The fitness center was nice as well.

Upon entering my room, there was hair on the floor of the bathroom that wasn't mine. Bad news. Also, there was a sticky note on my bed letting me know that my sheets were clean. Oh snap! Clean sheets! In fact, I was contantly reminded by the giant ads in the elevators and in my room that my sheets and duvet were clean for my arrival. It just seemed like kind of an odd ad campaign to me. I consider clean sheets to be a standard offering, instead of a feature.

I couldn't seem to control the thermostat in my room; there was nothing on the display and the buttons didn't do anything. It was pretty cold in there.

My only other complaint is about the wi-fi. I think it was slower than the 3G on my phone, and kept timing out.

Aside from the bad wi-fi and thermostat issues, I don't really have much bad to say about the place, but it was just overall kind of "meh" compared to the other Hilton property next door, which I have also stayed at. I would give this place 3.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business