We decided to book a weekend getaway in charleston. I had never been and my husband only to hit the bar scenes visit a friend in college. Chose this hotel based on Hilton points, location and reviews. Plus it of course has a great breakfast included in the morning. Check in was a breeze although unlike most front desk folks at hamptons the clerk was really not that informative or welcoming. We did smell a slight musty smell in the front desk area due to the historic building however the dining area just beyond, the halls and our room did not. Slight concern after reading other reviews but again it was just as you entered. Requested a fridge a few days ahead and got a room with full kitchenette and a view of the courtyard. Room 230. A bit small however again historic building and a king bed. Had a nice couch sitting area and desk. All we could ask for. Bathroom nice and normal size. Room was very clean and smelled fresh. Again due to historic building you can hear the water from toilets flushing or the occasional shower turn on but nothing that I haven't heard in modern hotels as well. I would not recommend first floor unless you are on the far side near the courtyard. You have to walk by numerous rooms on the 1st just to get to the elevators.
We walked Friday night next door to coast and had an excellent meal. Then walked to some local pubs from there and pedi cab home. Saturday we did walk all the way to the markets and king street. A bit hot but it is definitely doable from the hotel with comfy shoes and a bottle of water. It is 6+ block walk so those that can't handle it you may want to grab a cab or pedicab.
Sat at the pool a few hours, perfect size and the courtyard is gorgeous and very private from the streets. Only small item was the hotel ran out of bottled water on every floor, the tap just had a beachy taste. The front desk was kind enough to help my husband get some filtered from the breakfast area. Overall great stay, great location and great price. We would definitely stay here again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn