Stayed both coming north and returning south on a recent visit to NC from Tampa. For our trip and needs, this Hampton is very well located and is clean and nice, Friendly staff, looks new, close to many food options. Just down the street from some good restaurants and a resonable drive to the historic district.
The traffic into the city an back was very congested in the city on one leg of our trip due to a festival, but was easily dodged by driving side streets. If you want to walk Charleston, this is not the spot. If you are moving about by car, this is not a bad base camp.
Typical Hampton: typical breakfast menu and typical amenities here, but this is in the top 30% of the Hampton world in terms of appearance and attention to cleanliness.
Sorry we missed the Managers reception. This reception was not expected at all, and is not very common at the Hamptons we have used.
Overall, this is a good place to stay over in Chareston for short visits, and above average for a Hampton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Charleston/West Ashley is near downtown historic Charleston, off of Highway 17, close to Citadel Mall, golf courses, and West Ashley historic plantations. Wake up to a free hot breakfast before venturing out in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charleston / West Ashley
- Hampton Inn West Ashley
- Charleston Hampton Inn