“Love this hotel”

Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Findlay, Ohio
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Whenever I'm in Charleston I stay here. It's very close to my office and to great food. The staff is always pleasant and knowledgeable about my previous stays. This is a great hotel no matter if you are traveling for business or pleasure. Plus it's close enough to downtown that you can enjoy the city but not have to pay the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 7, 2012

A little update from my previous review based on our last stay.

The hotel had one wing under renovation and the excercise room was closed as it too was being renovated. The hotel web site did not mention this at all and I was really hoping to use the excercise room during our 5 day stay. Other than the excercise room the renovation activities did not impact our stay. For those interested the hotel was originally built in 2001, I talked with the foreman.

The staff was excellent, they went out of their way to speak to us as we were leaving the lobby and when returning to the hotel. The room was much cleaner than the Hampton property that we had stayed at in VA the night before. The breakfast bar was well stocked and the oatmeal was fantastic. During the week Miss Lou works there and I have to say that she makes sure it is fully stocked and is such a cheerful person. This breakfast bar during the week is my favorite of any Hampton property I have stayed at and I travel a great deal. One of the few to have sugar free maple syrup too!

We have stayed here when it has been fully booked and when it has been almost empty and have enjoyed our stays and will visit this location again. Some of the previous posts have complained about the small eating area when the hotel has been booked. Iit can be crowded but one certainly can't expect them to have the space to accomodate everyone at one time since they expect a staggered use over a period of time.

We did not see any bugs, and as a frequent traveler I do check the bedding prior to unpacking. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept we'll each night.. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OBX717
Monroe, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for a week of business. The breakfast every morning was great - lots of variety and tasted good too. The cleaning staff did a great job - every day I came back to my room and it looked as good as if I had never stayed there. Towels were replaced and the bed was made perfectly. The shuttle is a wonderful option into town and the driver was very courteous and informative about what to see and where to eat. I would recommend it to anyone - personal or business travel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne H
Charlotte,NC
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for a short weekend to explore Charleston, SC. It was a nice, clean hotel, friendly staff and a fairly convenient location if you plan on visiting Charleston or want to explore the beaches in Mt. Pleasant. Breakfast was average but there were alot of choices, with the typical make your own waffles. I would come back to this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ddoc2
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here in August with my family (spouse, 2 kids). While we found the front desk staff to be friendly, the acommodations are sub par to any Hampton Inn I've stayed in before. As a matter of fact, I've stayed in this Hampton before and specifically returned because of a past positive experience, but this time was unacceptable. First, there were bedbugs. Had I realized this prior to the day we checked out, I would have quickly left. Second, there were roaches, which they fondly term Palmetto bugs. The roaches were in our room, the breakfast area, and the lobby entrance. Third, the general manager neglected to return any of our 3 calls to him (while front desk confirmed that he was indeed onsite) in response to how rampant the bedbug problem was. Highly unprofessional management plus bugs equals a total fail on the part of this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lovethebeachalways
Lake Park
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am the tournament housing director over SCU/MP tournaments. The Hampton Inn Daniel Island has been a very loyal and valuable preferred hotel for all of our tournaments for the past 5 years and we have never received a complaint from any of our guests coming into our tournaments. A hotel "holding" money on a card for incidentials is a very common practice among all hotels in the US as I personally work with thousands of different hotels across the country. I am sorry you feel the need to state that you will never stay at this hotel again as it is a wonderful hotel and they would be happy to have you back. Lastly, the comment " Decent hotel, expected it to be much nicer from the price", the rate/price of this hotel was reflective to the time of the year when you guys check into the hotel. Meaning, it is a high demand time in the area so rates go up because the supply is limited and also, most of the other hotels you guys had a choice to choose from were higher in rate/price unless you picked a hotel that was 20 minutes or more away from the fields. I hope to see you guys come back to our tournaments and we will closely look at another hotel option that would be a better fit for your needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Decent hotel, expected it to be much nicer from the price. They also charge incidentals up front which they did not inform us about. This ranges $25 per person and they refund it only after you check out. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family