1,762 results
All reviews historic district king street within walking distance marriott properties rocking chairs restaurant reservations fort sumter marion square walked everywhere few blocks hotel is in a great location holiday inn meeting street housekeeping staff market street southern hospitality concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Absolutely wonderful weekend for our daughter's 20th birthday because Kevin McQuade, the Concierge. I contacted Kevin prior to our arrival due to other TripAdvisor reviews and he immediately began working on an itinerary based on our preferences. Everything was perfect, from his recommended restaurants, tour guides and in particular the boat tour of the local lighthouse, which by the way, was just us, the four family members. Kevin's knowledge of history and attention to detail was spot on. Definitely, contact him so your trip will be perfect, too!

Reviewed July 25, 2016

I stayed there this past weekend( July 23-24) and the staff was very helpful , friendly. The housekeeper. Ms. Antonia who works on the second floor was awesome, very attentive and always on top of everything.

I will enjoy my short stay there and I will come back, for sure.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
CharlestonCtyd, General Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Hi guidorengifo and thank you for the 5 star review of the Courtyard Charleston Historic District. I appreciate the kind words about your stay and Antonia!
I'm glad to read you'll be back!
Jim Fournier
Courtyard Charleston Historic District

Reviewed July 23, 2016

We made an impromptu trip to Charleston and decided to stay the night. We chose the Marriott based on location and price. The site we booked it on said it included breakfast but it did not which was a bit of bummer. The hotel is on the same road you catch the Ferrry to Ft. Sumnter so that was very handy. The parking garage attached to the hotel is quite small, but they have an over flow lot across the street. Parking was $35 a day. King street is also about 5 minutes away so very easy to walk up and grab a bite or shop.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank dilluxmama
CharlestonCtyd, General Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Hi dilluxmama, Thank you for the feedback! If you're able to tell me on which site you booked your reservation I'd appreciate it. We want to make sure all our guests have the right information. Also, parking is $18 per night so feel free to contact me directly at 843.805.7900 if there is a discrepancy on your receipt.
Thanks again, and I look forward to speaking to you.
Jim Fournier

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Although everyone we encountered at this hotel was lovely, no one was more enthusiastic about Charleston than the concierge, Kevin McQuade. From our pre-visit conference call on his off time to our first moments meeting him when we arrived at the hotel, Kevin exuded enthusiasm for his beloved Charleston that was infectious! He arranged two fabulous days for us that gave us a great sense of the city and it as a pk assure to meet someone who so enjoys his work! Thank you Kevin for creating a wonderful and memorable weekend in Charleston for us!!

1  Thank sokeefe2
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Great value for location. Rooms were okay...need a little updating. Staff was helpful and friendly. Loved Kevin M. At the concierge desk...he is a master at his craft. Many amazing day trips and restaurant recommendations.Thank you Kevin - You made our trip to the South amazing !!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family