Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,131 results
All reviews walking tour historic district king street within walking distance rocking chairs marriott property front porch across the street the hotel is clean outdoor pool marion square few blocks meeting street market street southern hospitality concierge college
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our rooms were lovely. They upgraded us to a room with a balcony. Love balcony!. Malea was wonderful and very very helpful to us and our whole family.
My only complaint is that the halls were no air conditioned. It was very very upsetting to spend an hour getting ready for one one of the several pre wedding events to have to wait on the elevator and break a sweat. Either there aren't enough elevators to accommodate everyone....or they need to air condition the halls.

Date of stay: April 2014
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Having used to live in downtown Charleston when this hotel was being renovated a few years ago, I was excited to try it out when I visited last weekend. Most importantly, location is everything when staying in Charleston, as you won't need to use a car/taxi if you're in a good area. This Courtyard is perfect as you're a 5 min walk from the Market and right next to King St, the two areas with all the best restaurants, bars, shopping, sightseeing, etc. My room and the facilities looked great with clean carpets and freshly painted walls. The decor was warm and welcoming with beautiful artwork of the city throughout. The pool and outdoor lounge on the front of the hotel were a big plus and a nice place to have a pre-dinner drink or quick meal from the hotel's bistro. I was surprised to see a few reviews complaining about limited space, as I found the property was very spacious (considering its in a historic city and not a planned resort community). I found all the staff to be polite and prompt, and our rooms were cleaned quickly by housekeeping every day. Many of the other reviewers thoroughly covered the excellent concierge and I completely agree. When I first checked into the hotel, Kevin (the concierge) was talking with other guests, but the assistant general manager was walking by and stopped to ask if he could help. He was great, and even while being very familiar with the city, he gave a few tips and new places to see that I'll be going back to every subsequent visit. In a city known for its southern hospitality, customer service like this is everything and this hotel was on top of their game. Wish I didn't have to wait to come back!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location alone makes this hotel awesome but I was pleasantly surprised by the staff and the accommodations. There was nothing but smiles from staff at all levels, from the front desk people to the service maintenance people I passed in the hallways. Everyone was very warm and welcoming!

Great place to stay and I would highly recommend it for friends and family that want the downtown experience but at a reasonable rate!

Room tip: Talk to Grant Hoskins, he's the man!
Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Most of us know what to expect when it comes to a Marriott Courtyard as I have stayed at several for business and selected this hotel due to its proximity to the Historic District and the knowledge that I would have a clean and comfortable hotel room without any inconveniences. This hotel was clean and comfortable and met all my criteria, what made this a FIVE STAR experience was the Chief Consierge Kevin McQuade. From the moment we checked in we met with Kevin to secure dinner reservations and get the low down on Charleston sites to see. Kevin is passionate about his lovely city and wants all guests to experience the true Charleston and love it just as much as he does. Kevin provided excellent tips to see the city and must see places often over looked by other tours. There is nothing he has not thought of, he provided custom maps and tips on photo opportunities that were amazing, and Kevin also provided an evening tour south of Broad St. that was the highlight of our trip!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Courtyard itself is a pretty standard courtyard, clean, good help, with a small but well tended pool out back. Location is very good if you don't mind a small walk to Broad / Market street. King Street is a nice way to walk down to the very old historic area. College of Charleston nearby is cool and lots of nice restaurants very close by.

The thing to take advantage of though is the concierge help with Kevin and Andrea. You won't find a bed and breakfast owner with more affection and knowledge of the city than these guys. They won't just hand you a brochure and send you on your way, they listen to what you want to do, arrange all of it and get your feedback to better help the next guest. We did three tours through them, all of them great, and went to four dinners, again all great. Tips on how to navigate the city, where to get the best photo opps,, etc. all get customized so you can just go enjoy the city and not worry about logistics. A week before we got there, I had mentioned to Andrea we were thinking about the Easter sunrise service, I was amazed when she informed us the location had moved. She wasn't even on duty at the time, Kevin was just checking some details with her when we arrived!

Definitely check out the different travel sites to get an idea of what you might want to do, figure out what the group likes for food, and possible tours, but then run it all by Kevin and Andrea to make it all work with the latest information.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
GHoskins, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Thomas L,

Thank you for your recent feedback and for staying with us on your trip down from Vermont.

Our location does put you right in the middle of Historic Charleston where you can walk to anything you want to see. King Street shopping, historic homes, the College of Charleston, the Market, and some of the best restaurants in the South are just a few footsteps outside of our front door.

Andrea & Kevin are always on top of every detail about our city and constantly have their ear to the ground for the latest updates and news. It sounds like you found them to be extremely helpful and had the chance to experience the magic they bring to our hotel. They truly do listen to our guests and use this information to craft a Charleston experience specifically catered to each guest's specific needs and desires.

We hope to see you back in Charleston soon!

Grant Hoskins