“The History of Charleston Walking Tour”

The History of Charleston Walking Tour
Ranked #12 of 230 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join a 13th generation Middleton, for a personalized local perspective. End the tour in a private garden with refreshments. Walk with a local who grew up romping the streets of the downtown peninsula. The history of the city will come alive through the bricks and mortar still standing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We all found the tour interesting and informative. Anne was knowledgeable and charming. Her family has lived there for over 13 generations, so she had a great insight into the history. Well worth the time.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Anne grew up in downtown Charleston and really knows her stuff! We walked through beautiful secret alley ways, past historic homes and churches, and the beautiful harbor. And to end the tour with refreshments in garden of her family home was just perfect! We just moved to the area so this was a wonderful way of getting to know our new city. I will definitely bring others on one of her tours next time we have company in town. Thank you, Anne, for a wonderful stroll through history!

AMH4you, Tour Guide at The History of Charleston Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

I look forward to seeing you again! So glad you enjoyed the tour.
Anne

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Anne is such a charming and warm person who easily draws you in to her deep love of Charleston. The history of this city was presented in a way that was informative and intriguing. We were so pleased with this tour and what we learned.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The best tour I have ever done of Charleston, Anne has done all her homework in addition to all of her family and city knowledge. I live in the area and saw things I had never seen before. I plan on recommending this tour to all my out of town guests.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Such a delightful and informative tour! Anne's knowledge of the History of "her" town was extensive. Walking through little alleys and back streets gave our group of four something to talk about. There is so much more to the Holy City than the traffic filled streets. My Husband and I have been on other tours of Charleston, some walking and some motorized. This was the best tour so far.