“13th Generation Charlestonian Guide!”

The History of Charleston Walking Tour
Ranked #12 of 235 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join a 13th generation Middleton, for a personalized local perspective. End the tour in a private garden with refreshments. Walk with a local who grew up romping the streets of the downtown peninsula. The history of the city will come alive through the bricks and mortar still standing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Anne Middleton Herron provided one of the best walking tours ever!!!! Not only was she knowledgeable about the history of the city, but she was able to add lots of humor and anecdotal info. We visit Charleston often, have been on other tours, but this was by far the best.

David and Gail

2  Thank glevass2000

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I have done several walking tours in Charleston. It is a favorite city. On April 17 we signed up to walk with Anne Middleton Herron on her Charleston History Tour. She was excellent. She was very informative, and explained any questions we had. At the conclusion she provided iced lemonade at the Middleton family garden. Whe had a very enjoyable morning.

1  Thank Denny K
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This past Saturday, my husband and I did a 2 hour walking tour with Anne Middleton. We got really lucky that we were the only people on the tour (rainy day and various special events going on in the city that weekend). Anne was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Her tour included an excellent mix of history, personal anecdotes and fun facts about the city. She easily answered all of our questions about both the history and architecture of Charleston and also general Revolutionary War/Civil War history. Ending in her family’s garden was a nice, personal touch. She was also very helpful with recommending what sights/museums to visit during our brief stay in the city. I would highly recommend Anne’s tour!!

1  Thank kwallace3131
AMH4you, Tour Guide at The History of Charleston Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Great to hear you enjoyed it! Thanks for the nice review.

Anne

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 hours with Anne Middleton walking the streets and alleys of old Charleston. She engaged the young and old among us and as a 13th generation Charlestonian was a perfect guide. She does a good job of intertwining the facts with stories about the city and shows you the nooks and crannies you would miss on your own.

1  Thank BCSunflower777
AMH4you, Tour Guide at The History of Charleston Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Thanks for the great review, I am working on keepin git fresh and different from other tours. Luckily reading is on eof my favorite pasttimes when I get a break from chasing after the little ones!!

Anne

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I would go on this tour again, tomorrow! Ann was enthusiastic and was full of history and little known facts which made the tour more personal. My husband, a yankee, loved it.

1  Thank SharonIbarra