“So interesting and informative!!”

The History of Charleston Walking Tour
Ranked #11 of 232 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join a 13th generation Middleton, for a personalized local perspective. End the tour in a private garden with refreshments. Walk with a local who grew up romping the streets of the downtown peninsula. The history of the city will come alive through the bricks and mortar still standing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My sisters and I were in Charleston for vacation. We booked the Colonial Historic Walking tour and the Ghost tour with Ann. She was a wonderful and very informative on this tour. We learned so much about the history of Charleston. Do to a fall by my sister, we ended up with a 2 for one groupon deal for this tour. The price was $17.00 for two people. Also, we have 3 two for one tickets to the ghost tour. Also, $17.00 for two people. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know. We also have a four tickets to 2 hour Dolphn Ecotour Tour that expires December 02, 2011. It is $160.00 tour for 75.00 dollars. These were Groupon deals and the certificates can be e-mailed.

There are newer reviews for The History of Charleston Walking Tour

Reviewed November 7, 2011

This ghost tour was great. We found it through Groupon and got a fantastic deal on it. My husband wasn't really looking forward to the tour because he thought it would be cheesy and corny, but it wasn't. It gave him lots of tidbits to go back to our hotel and Google after we were done! I can't remember what our guide's name was, but her mother was also a guide, and she did a fantastic job and was extremely personable. We even rewalked the tour ourselves the next day in the daylight to revisit some of the sights and take some extra pictures.

*It is important to note that you can only make reservations for the ghost tour the day of the tour, after 8:30 AM when they make the decision to operate or not (based on the weather). If you make your reservation before 2 PM, you're pretty much guaranteed a spot on the tour (at least that's what I was told). The guy who answers the phone was nice enough, but was definitely the weak link in the operation. It's hard to get him to call you back if you leave a message.

1  Thank sacrificebyfire
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I were born and raised in Charleston, but we loved the historic walking tour! It was so great to take in the sights that we've been around our whole lives with a walking group. We especially loved the somewhat non-traditional route that took us through some of the residential spots in the city.
Anne was great! It was a fun, easy-going and educational morning spent!

1  Thank JessicaED21
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Anne was a great tour guide and offered so much historical knowledge and personal experiences that added to the tour. We got to see many of the historical buildings in Charleston, and it is a great way to start your trip to Charleston to get an overview of the city and where you want to explore further. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to know more about Charleston.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Very easy walking, Ann is very knowledgeable and did a great job. Would recommend to any visitor wanting to learn more about Charleston.

1  Thank StillH2oOK