“Lost a new customer...”
Review of Charleston Scuba

Charleston Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Charleston Scuba is Charleston, South Carolina’s only PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Center. Whether you want to learn to dive, purchase new gear, get your gear serviced, book a charter, or do some dive travel we have everything you need! Our staff is the friendliest in the area and can help you with all of your scuba needs. We offer local diving charters each season from May through October off the Charleston coast. Come explore our absolutely wonderful wrecks, reefs and ledges teeming with the largest schools of amberjacks, spadefish, barracuda and grouper we’ve seen anywhere, not to mention the tropicals that inhabit our waters. Everyone who works with us is focused primarily on customer service and satisfaction. We appreciate the loyalty of our clients and realize that they come to us because of our professionalism and dedication to the dive industry. Our dive charter boat, The Trinity, is an Island Hopper custom built for Scuba Diving. It is USCG Certified and Approved. It is owned and operated by Trident Charters, Inc.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was so looking forward to diving out of Charleston. I live in Raleigh, NC and do NC coastal diving with 3 operations on the NC Coast. First, I was called two days before my dive to tell me the dive is canceled and blown out due to a weather forecast. Haven't ever even heard of a dive shop doing that in NC. If a dive is called, it is the morning of, not two days in advance on a forecast. So, when I called to ask information I was told that I could rebook for the next day Friday instead of Thursday (blown out). When I asked about Friday's dive I was told it was the Comanche and Train wreck. I asked how deep the dive was and the girl on phone was not sure. Put me on hold to find out. Came back and said, 110' and 100'. I asked if this was where the wrecks rested to the sand. She said, "I think so". Came back and confirmed it was. I then wanted to know how tall the structures were. She said she did not know and could not find out because the Capt (who is familiar with sites) was out for day and would not likely return till next day. I asked if she could take my name and call me next day. She tells me she does not know when to expect him and I likely would not receive the info I wanted. At this point I am not comfortable with the dive shop and do not want to dive with a group that is not willing to get me the information I want in order for me to make decisions for a safe dive....

3  Thank Robship
Sally R, Owner at Charleston Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Diver -

We were so terribly disappointed to read your review. We aim to give all of our clients the best experience we can. Sometimes that does include changing a dive site or cancelling dives due to weather or water conditions. Safety for clients and crew is our utmost concern. I believe as your dive was one that was scheduled the week after Hurricane Arthur had brushed the coast , we were concerned with poor visibility, windy conditions and strong currents. Nobody likes to cancel a charter and we apologize for having to disappoint you.

As part of our customer service, we also try to contact clients traveling to us from out of town at least 24 hours ahead of time so they do not have to incur undue travel and hotel costs. Normally, for our local clients, we do cancel the morning of the charter.

We'd like to have you come and dive with us in the future and hope that you'll give us another chance!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"certified"
"jeff"

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Recently a group of family & friends went out on an evening charter with Tom & Sally from Charleston Scuba. We were a bit of a motley crew from all over the United States, we were not divers, but wanted a boat to take us out for a private event. Sally & Tom went above and beyond for everyone on board & were such a pleasure to deal with.

Hi Maggie -

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We were very happy to take you and your family out for your experience and glad that everything worked out the way that you wished it to. If we can ever do anything for you again, please give us a call.

Sally R.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The only thing I would improve on is organization. Getting ready on a small boat is tough but tougher when no one is directing traffic. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and highly concerned with the safety and happiness of the divers.

Sally R, Owner at Charleston Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Diver -

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We very much appreciate your feedback and your comments. P,ease come back and dive with us in the future!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My son and I went out with captain Tom and Sally on a day trip for 2 dives. First to the Lead Anchor Ledges and then to the Charleston 60. Both were great dive locations.
I was impressed with there knowledge of the dive sights and the briefings given before we dove each location. The crew they employ are great. Very professional and friendly.
I was very pleased with my experience and would highly recommend Charleston Scuba to any one. Thanks Guys, look forward toward future dives with you.

Sally R, Owner at Charleston Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Sir -

Thank you so much for your review of our charter - we very much appreciate your taking the time to do so. We're glad you had a good time diving with Charleston Scuba and Trident Charters and hope that you come back to dive with us soon.

Thanks again for your review!

Charleston Scuba,Inc.