“The lobby was nice, but the rooms were small and outdated...”

The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Greenville
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pleasant and clean with lovely breakfast courtyard and good service. Room was adequate size, bathroom a bit small, but nice enough. Excellent location in the heart of the historic district. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just returned from a weekend trip at The Mills Hotel, and I have to say I dont know what some people are thinking when they go to a hotel! I have traveled quite a bit and I have to say the staff and accomodations at The Mills are top notch. From the moment we pulled up to the valet we were treated as VIP's. Everyone had a smile and was eager to assist. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful and clean, as was our room. I read some reviews stating the rooms were small, so we paid a little extra for a junior suite and we were more than pleased. The bathroom is a bit small, but it wasn't an issue at all. I also want to note that the hotel has a great pool area and deck with padded chairs, as well as an awesome courtyard that is perfect for late evening cocktails. Great hotel, great location, this is the only place I will think of on my next trip to Charleston. Dont be afraid of the negative reviews, book it!

2 Thank Lookforit
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked a late weekend with my wife and many of the hotels and B&B's were booked. The Mills House was also almost sold out. The location was perfect, in the center of everything, the service was awesome, the hotel was clean and the outdoor seating was great. My wife and I are picky, so for the both of us to be pleased is rare. I would have liked to have had a balcony, but maybe next time. The Concierge was amazing, very professional and helpful...after a long day as well! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Consider a balcony overlooking Meeting St.
Huntersville, North Carolina, Usa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

In addition to noisy cleaning crew, we were treated very rudely when order was incorrect at Bfast. Same curt rude manner on all 3 days at Bfast and for cocktails in afternoon. We tip ALWAYS 20%, so that could not have been reason. Bellman, conseirge, check-in staff were great. Rooms were musty and bathrooms had rusted hinges, with door to floor rusting. A major redo is necessary for my husband and I to stay there again. I am tremendously allergic to mold and I suffered every night we slept there. Charleston is known for its history. NOT ITS UNKEPT HOTELS!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts