“Mixology tour”

Charleston Culinary Tours
Ranked #5 of 30 Food & Drink in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Charleston Culinary Tours combine the best of Charleston history, cocktails and food with unique tours that highlight the Lowcountry. Each Charleston Culinary Tour visits several different restaurants, bars or the Farmer's Market to combine elements of a historical tour with a culinary adventure. The food and drinks on the tours are chosen by various restaurant and bar partners and feature an array of eclectic dishes and concoctions that provide insight into Charleston's cuisine and cocktail scene. On each tour, you will not only have an opportunity to sample some of the Lowcountry's finest offerings, but also to meet the owners, chefs and mixologists behind Charleston's impressive culinary and bar innovations. Four Tours Available:Charleston Culinary Tour, Chefs' Kitchen Tour, Farmer's Market Tour and Mixology Tour. As most tours sell out, all reservations are required in advance. Groups need to be booked at least three days prior to tour. Each tour is limited in size. Charleston Culinary Tours are held rain or shine.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Despite the rain, this was a great introduction to Charleston's booming bar scene. Our tour guide was Giles was friendly, enthusiastic and had plenty of local stories. The cocktails themselves were unique, tasty and creative.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,829)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"great tour"
in 113 reviews

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I went on the Downtown culinary tour today and we were both extremely pleased. The tour guide Glen was great. The tour started at the Southend Brewery, the second stop was Burwell's Stonefire Grill and the tour ended on the Vendue Rooftop bar. We were served 8 plates of food including 2 Desserts. everything was delicious. I especially liked Burwells. I am so glad that we had already made reservations for dinner there on Sunday. Would definitely schedule another tour

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hoon Calhoun was our Culinary Tour guide and was such a trip!

He was very knowledgable not only about food but about the history of Charleston. I received the best, most interesting History lesson in my life. He was hilarious and kept the tour fun and casual. We went to four excellent restaurants and tried many Charleston staples like Shrimp and Grits, She Crab Soup, and Chicken and Waffles. The last stop was for dessert.

I recommend his tour. Mention this referral and you get 10% off your tour. Hooncalhoun@me.com

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Guilds our guide was so knowledgable and entertaining. We did the Upper King Street culinary Tour. Started at Hom Restaurant which was delicious and then walked to Sugar Bakery. The cupcakes awesome. Two other restaurants tastings were big. A very nice way to meet people and enjoy the food and a Guilds many stories.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I went to Charleston for a long weekend and we're so glad someone recommended this tour! We went on the downtown tour to 3 different restaurants: Southend, Burwells, and a rooftop restaurant. With 8 different courses- we were stuffed! All the food was great and with so many restaurants to choose from in Charleston this was a great way to get a taste of several at a reasonable price. The tour guide was knowledgable about the history and gave some interesting stories throughout the tour and had a wonderful personality to make a tour like this fun- although an eating tour, what more could you ask for?!

My husband and I will be doing this tour anytime we go to Charleston- it was one of our favorite things to do while we were there. Highly recommend!