Belmond Charleston Place
$309
$179
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
  • Restaurant
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
Orbitz.com
3,403 results
All reviewsclub levelpalmetto cafethoroughbred clubretractable roofbeautiful hotelrenovated roomroom serviceluxury hotelsouthern charmjunior suiterooftop poolking streetbell staffthe concierge levelturn down servicefitness centerheart of downtown
Reviewed January 23, 2010

You can't beat the location of this hotel - that is its main selling point. The service is wonderful too. We stayed in a junior suite which was beautiful when you initially walked in. However, with closer observation you couldn't help but notice the peeling and worn wallpaper, dusty vents and random plant stands (with no plants?) Sure, all of those things can easily be overlooked but when you are paying a premium - should you have to?

Yes, I would stay here again if I found a fantastic deal. Otherwise, I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

As the General Manager of Charleston Place Hotel, I was disheartened to read the comments of a recent guest from Baltimore, MD. We are glad to hear your stay was overall, a good one and apologize for your disappointment.

We pride ourselves in achieving something few in this industry have accomplished: for nearly fifteen consecutive years, our hotel has been named one of the world's best by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. This achievement would indicate that the guest who posted this review had an unusual experience here - and one that we would have been pleased to rectify.

I truly wish we had been informed of our shortcomings during this visitor's stay. Every member of this hotel is authorized to do whatever is necessary to make our guests feel comfortable and valued. Had we been made aware of these concerns, we are confident we could have satisfied this guest. We invite her to be in touch and give us another chance!

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Impressed upon arrival and truely enjoyed our stay at the Charleston Place. Lots to see in little Charleston and this hotel is located right in the middle of it all. We'd stay there again but it was a bit pricey. Cheers, enjoy!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2010

When you stay at Charleston Place Hotel - you don't need to leave the hotel because they have it all....restaurants, indoor pool/Jacuzzi, spa, restaurants, music and shopping. We spent a partly rainy weekend at Charleston Place and enjoyed every minute. We enjoyed a massage at the spa and leisurely time at the pool and Jacuzzi. Dinner at the Charleston Grill is fantastic and Sunday brunch at Palmetto Cafe was wonderful. The accommodations are terrific....even right down to the plush towels! We love it here!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed the 2 times we stayed at Charleston Place on his birthday. The staff made note of his birthday the first time we stayed there and asked if we were celebrating his birthday the 2nd time we called to make reservations. The room was wonderful, the staff extremely courteous, and the food at the Charleston Grill was amazing. The location is perfect- we were able to walk almost anywhere we wanted to go. We will return to Charleston, SC and the Charleston Place Hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I'm surprised when I read the outstanding reviews for charleston place. My husband and I have stayed a couple of times now, and realize that each time we have stayed it really is not any better than an upscale motel-- the beds are soft, the interiors of the room average and the air conditioner/heating never really works!

On top of it, it is surprisingly expensive for what you get.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sdv

As the General Manager of Charleston Place I would like to address SDV’s concerns. Though we are very glad to hear that you have stayed with us several times, I find it surprising and disconcerting to read the below average experience that you felt after your visits.

We make considerable efforts to ensure that we exceed our guest expectations. As evidenced by the many favorable reviews on Tripadvisor, most guests write positive reviews of our property and their experiences. We frequently receive feedback through websites like Tripadvisor and comments from guests, which consistently rave about the experience they receive after staying with us, indicating that experiences like this one are rare.

All of our associates are empowered to do what is necessary to ensure our guests have a terrific stay. Had we known of this guest's disappointment prior to check out, I am confident we could have satisfied this guest. I encourage this guest to please contact me directly when booking his next stay so that I can be certain he has a fantastic stay.