“Best hotel in Charleston!”

Belmond Charleston Place
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Every time I visit Charleston, I make it a point to stay here. You're in the heart of historic downtown Charleston, yet only 10-15 minutes from Folly beach, as well as Isle of Palms, and Sullivan's island. I'm originally from Charleston, so I frequently visit. Every time I come to this hotel, it's always a positive experience. From the staff, to the restaurants, to the rooms, it is all amazing. These guys are the best of the best. Not only in Charleston, but in the entire country. I say that as a frequent traveler. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. In fact, my sister recently married here in the ball room, and the staff made it an amazing event. You can't say one thing bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on club level(8th floor). There is a bar with snacks(including some Charleston seafood...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick S

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Charleston Place Hotel numerous times and each time has been an awesome experience. The hotel itself is beautiful, the staff have always been courteous and go the extra miles, the restaurants are outstanding, and the location is the best ever. It is located right in the center of Charleston's downtown area, convenient to numerous restaurants and across the street from the Charleston market place. I'll stay here every time I'm in Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Every employee that you meet will great you with a pleasant hello and a smile. I thought the staff was excellent. The room was small and though it may be an unimportant item, I was surprised to find the smallest TV ever for a hotel room. And it was in a case so that it couldn't be adjusted so you could only see it by sitting directly in front of it. The bathtub did not have a mat and was very slippery. I fell once bruising my hip and slipped a couple of more times.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 11, 2013

When we need to get away from home to relax the Charleston is the place to be and the Charleston Place is the place to stay. I have been staying there since the ninety's and love and enjoy every moment of my stay. The staff is always friendly beginning with the bellman up to management. I have recommended this hotel to lots of friends and they have not stop thanking me yet.

Charlene

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing King or Market streets.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at the Charleston Place Hotel recently and had a wonderful experience. We used the valet service and felt like we were treated like royalty! The room was clean and welcoming. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel has it all and is in the heart of historical downtown Charleston. The staff are second to none and I could not have been more pleased. Valet employees, housekeeping, room service and the Concierge were all more than helpful!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My party of three arrived at Charleston Place late Thursday night November 27th, 2013 due to the weather and was greeted by very warm and friendly staff. Our room was very nice, although I will select a Junior Suite on our next stay. We did have our Yorkie with us and he was very comfortable throughout the stay. We had a delicious meal on Thanksgiving at the Charleston Grill was very exceptional.
During the morning of Thanksgiving we had breakfast at a delightful restaurant, Toast. The breakfast hot and very filling portions. Another morning we had breakfast at Eli's Table and the sweet potato pancakes were awesome. We had Friday dinner at Hyman's Restaurant which was very good also. I will stay at Charleston Place on my next vacation. It was my fourth vacation to Charleston. I am looking forward to the next vacation. My party of three were celebrating my daughter and future son-in-law's engagement. Very Satisfied!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family