“The Reviews are Correct, Great Place and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belmond Charleston Place

Belmond Charleston Place
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Houston, Texas
“The Reviews are Correct, Great Place and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just stayed with the Family at the Charleston Place. We had a very nice stay. The hotel is a large property but elegant. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which worked great for my daughter. The suite had two thermostats which made it easy for my daughter to set her own temperature, which is usually much warmer than my wife and I. The pool, locker room and fitness center were great, very clubby. The breakfast place, Palmetto café had a nice buffet. We also ate that Charleston Grill. It was excellent and the service was superb. We rally liked our assistant waiter, Hank! The location of this property of this property is right in the middle of it all at Meeting St. and Market St.. This was our first trip to Charleston and I would highly recommend Charleston Place.

Room Tip: The parking garage is very close if you dont need Valet Parking
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went here for a convention and my wife joined me. They upgraded our room, and my wife had a great spa experience (although she says the interior of the spa is rather poor in relation to the services). Our convention was ~500 people, and food was actually extremely good. Clean, comfortable room, and quiet. Centrally located. All in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Charleston Place again over Martin Luther King weekend, and had a fantastic time. The hotel is gorgeous, the room was always clean, and the staff is simply the best. A guest really couldn't ask for anything more. I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is my second stay at Charleston Place hotel and I would choose it again if I return to the city. Not only is the location perfect, the club floor accommodations offer great value for your money. With continental breakfast and a generous spread of hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon and again in the early evening. The rooms are bright and spacious and you feel like you are in a fancy Charleston home. We also dined at Charleston Grill during our stay - something we missed on our previous trip - and were very impressed not only with the cuisine but also the service and live jazz. Service overall is definitely a high point at the hotel - whether I was walking in the front door, passing a housekeeper in the hall, or asking a question at the front desk - I was always warmly greeting and treated like a V.I.P. One my favourites!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and get a club floor room - the extra amenities are worth it!
Deer Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

During a recent visit to Charleston, SC my wife and i had the pleasure of staying at Charleston Place. The room was immaculate and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and clean. A staff member was always to be found and were friendly and helpful when needed. Overall during our stay we felt comfortable and at home in the surroundings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Shared a wonderful two night stay with my wife at the Charleston Place Hotel over the holiday weekend. Despite being fully booked, the service was, as always, top notch. Check in was friendly and painless and our room was wonderfully clean and extremely comfortable, the beds being hands down, the most comfy of any hotel I've ever stayed at. The location of the hotel could not be more perfect, the heart of downtown Charleston, central to everything including shopping, restaurants, and site seeing. Having stayed at The Charleston Place several times, we have always found the staff to be extremely courteous and always attentive to the guests needs. The Spa is wonderful and extremely well managed with exceptional treatments available. I had the opportunity to have the Moroccan hot oil scalp massage which was pure heaven. The recently renovated Palmetto Cafe has an outstanding buffet breakfast which, weather permitting, can be enjoyed in their beautiful garden courtyard. For my money, The Charleston Place is the ultimate for hospitality and service when visiting Charleston. I recommended it to all of my friends who visit Charleston and none have been disappointed. It will continue to be my only choice for a hotel when visiting.

• 5 of 5 stars
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Lanny,

We are so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday weekend. We appreciate your feedback as reviews like these help us to better understand which amenities and hotel features guest enjoy. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Paul Stracey
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

When I want to get away and feel like I've step back in time where manners are important, tradition is honored and history comes alive I go the The Charleston Place Hotel. It is our family's favorite place to stay, I believe I've lost count as to how many times we've been and it NEVER disappoints! The staff is so friendly and helpful, the food is delicious and the Spa is oooohhh so relaxing, a real treat!
I have sent several friends here who have all said the same thing its an incredible place that draws you back. Go!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful !
Dear Rosalie,

Thank you for being a loyal guest. We are so glad that you and your family have enjoyed staying with us and continue to build memories at our hotel. And thank you for referring us to your friends! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Paul Stracey