“Fantastic Birthday Weekend”

Belmond Charleston Place
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for my 50th birthday in early December, and I got a great deal on Luxury Link for a package on the club level. It was fantastic, although not so great if you are dieting. The food was constant and very high quality. Top shelf drinks after 5 and beer and wine in the afternoons. The staff was spectacular, and after a mishap of delivering my birthday suprise from my husband to the wrong room, the concierge handled it very professionaly. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend in charleston because of the service, location and friendliness of the staff. I am not really a spa person, but since services came with the package I bought I had a facial and massage the morning we were leaving and thought it was very nice, although I am not a good one for comparisons. We loved Charleston too- it was a fantastic long weekend.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Well located. First class shopping mall in the hotel and step outside to King Street. Towels galore and changed every day. Nice amenities. Comfortable bed and very clean room. Also good restaurants in the hotel, although we did not dine there. Self parking was $14 a day. All in all a very pleasant stay and the price we got was very good for the quality - $240/night

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hospitality shown by the staff and central location of this hotel is what makes The Charleston Place. Our room a deluxe jr. suite, small standing balcony faced Meeting Street, 1 king bed, 1 pull out sofa and 1 bathroom. Room décor has a definite old world feel/Georgian style. Tried two onsite dining options: Room Service for breakfast was good and The lobby Thoroughbread Club offered great tapas/cocktails and a fantastic live pianist. Indoor swimming pool and Spa great amenities ( children’s spa menu available). My complaints would be the lacking bed quality and very slow Internet speed in room ( download 0.2mbps/upload 0.24mbps).

Room Tip: We had a very hard time obtaining dining reservations (stayed over Christmas and this compounded pro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a lovely hotel to spend Xmas day, front desk, concierge and rest of staff 5 star, it is one of the best hotels I've stayed in.
The Xmas decorations were excellent and the whole place felt like Xmas.

Room Tip: We took two beds and the room was enormous, American hotels just need to give bigger bathtubs.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

High expectations. Stayed on club level, one of the best club levels as far as availability. All staff were extremely helpful and did what they said they would do. Elevator waits were non existent. Great location near the market and lots of restaurants. Bed wasn't hot, which I sometimes notice with luxury hotels. Only real complaint is the noise level in the rooms. Not helped by hardwood floors in the entryway and thin doors/door closers.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JayHTexas
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in mid-December for our 12-12-12 wedding and honeymoon. Rick Burton, the hotel consierge, was a blessing and delight to work with. He handled everything from hair appointments, ceremony transportation ( including a stop for lottery tickets on the way back, since we were "feeling lucky"), surprise gift deliveries and flowers with grace, humor and dignity. We enjoyed the ammentities of the club level and we're surprised at how substantial the food and beverage offerings were throughout the day. The holiday decor was gorgeous throughout the hotel and the location central and convenient. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bar8araj1
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The room door was eft open and now I am afraid to eave the hotel how will I know it won't happen again

I was told to check if anything was missing and thankfully it wasn't but no follows to as

I won't write about the rest but their sweetness drips like the simple syrup they use for their tea as long as you don't complain
Obviously this is keeping me awake
As a breast cancer survivor I take a trip before my checkup to reduce stress not add to it

I won't discuss the other issues minor and there were some

Room Tip: What can I say the room was left open how can I at to choose a good room Shower did not work well b...