Belmond Charleston Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$305
$249
  • Pool
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Restaurant
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$323
$279
$359
$269
$219
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$349
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$218
$199
$228
$197
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$124
Travelocity
3,378 results
All reviewsclub levelpalmetto cafethoroughbred clubretractable roofbeautiful hotelrenovated roomroom serviceluxury hotelsouthern charmjunior suiterooftop poolking streetbell staffthe concierge levelturn down servicefitness centerheart of downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recently visited Charleston for the first time and was very impressed with its charm and history. Staying at the Charleston Place made the visit that much more special. The hotel is definitely a class act and the service and product is exceptional. From the people who greet you upon arrival to the service staff in the restaurant, bar, and poolside area, everyone makes you feel special and appreciated.

The facility itself is well decorated as if it was part of a big screen movie set. The old southern style of luxury is very present and captivating. The hotel is centrally located and allows one to stroll through the city and visit the famous three block area known as the Market Place. Great restaurants are near, the sea, and the historical homes and churches are within walking distance. We had to do a carriage ride and this helped us learn more about the city's great history from the carriage driver.

I will go back to Charleston at some point and the Charleston Place will definitely be my first choice for accommodations.

Room Tip: I do not think they have any "bad" rooms. The one I had was great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are checking out tomorrow after spending 4 nights at the Charleston Inn. I booked the room through AMX Plat., rates for the club level the same as their website. But, booking through AMX plat. We got a $100 food credit, late ck out, and an upgraded roon. Breakfast is included with the AMX rate but since we were on the club level..(.great continental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, complimentary alcohol and mixers, plus a great happy hr like menu)., we ate at the club. We used the credit for lunch in the downstairs restaurant, food pricey and just okay, John, our waiter was great! We did not get try the highly rated Charleston Grill but heard through other guests that it was very good. The room was comfortable, nice king bed, but the ac was very loud. I picked this hotel because it was an AMX Plat. Hotel which allowed us some great amenities. I would not rate this a 5 star but a very good 4 star..the club level is a bonus for any traveler. The ability to have a private area to read, catch up in email(free wi-fi), and grab a snack or drink is a bonus. This club area rates as one of the best we have encountered. Also althought the valet is pricey, $25 , the $14 self park, in the same area as the valet, is a bargain in downtown Charleston. No special area assigned for valet so self park. All in all a great stay. Oh, the staff in all areas of the hotel was courteous and helpful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flagirl56
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This year my family and I decided to stay at the Charleston Place Hotel. We are used to staying at the Market Pavilion. In my opinion the The Charleston Place did not compare to the Market Pavilion but was still a good hotel. The beds in this hotel were either doubles or fulls. So tiny for what we are used to. We got over that issue. The only other thing that was very unusual was when they would do their turn down service. They do it twice a day which I am used to. What I found unusual was that they did it so late during the day. The first one was usually between 3 and 4 in the afternoon...super late. Then they would do the evening one between 8 and 10 pm. One night they knocked on our door at 9:45 pm. That was crazy. Each time we had them do it, if we were there, we had to leave the room for about an hour. It is a big hotel but to be that late in the evening and night is absurd. We did miss the morning coffee and snacks that Market Pavilion offer but we did breakfast most mornings outside the hotel. The hotel does have an awesome location. You truly are in the center historic downtown. We are walkers so it was nice to walk King Street and have that right there. You also have the indoor part of King Street which is great when its hot. Most of those stores are very expensive so I like it mainly for the cool break from the heat. I would try this hotel again maybe for a trip with my husband but as a family trip, the beds were just not the size we were used to. It is a nice hotel but I find the Market Pavilion more luxurious.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Charleston Place hotel over Mother's Day weekend and had a fabulous experience. Even before we arrived, my experience working with the staff to reserve the room and make dining reservations was wonderful. I was travelling with one of my dogs and called ahead to ensure they were aware. The staff clearly explained the pet policy and noted my dog on the reservation.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the friendly staff who also made a fuss over my dog :-) Our room was beautiful and had a little walkout patio that was a nice addition. The hotel itself is very grand,from the entrance to the restaurants, to the wonderful shops. We couldn't believe such a nice hotel would be so acomodating to pets. The concierge was even able to recommend some pet friendly restaurants for us to dine in.

The housekeeping staff was also very accomodating. We came home the first night to our beds turned down, chocolate covered strawberries for us and a bag of dog treats for our pup. It was these little niceties that made us really feel welcomed and appreciated as guests.

The location of the hotel can not be beat! It takes up one whole block and is right on King's St, which is a main street lined with shops and restaurants.

We will be in the Charleston area around Christmas and plan to stay at the Charleston Place again! Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I had long wanted to visit charleston, a city known for its history, beauty, great dining and southern hospitality. Charleston place had great reviews on line, and was the type of full service facility we gravitate to (not bed and breafast types here). I cannot imagine a better place to stay. Right in the center of things, we did not take our rental car even once. Walking distance of all major attractions. Superlative shopping in and around the hotel. The dining choices all around us were amazing. Servie in the hotel was topnotch on every level the club floor option (rooms on 7 and 8) exceeded our expectations. The indoor outdoor pool is not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2012