“Wonderful Wedding at Charleston Place Hotel!”

Belmond Charleston Place
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My daughter and her fiance chose Charleston Place Hotel for their wedding and reception on 9/24/2011, and I am more than pleased with their choice! This is the most beautiful hotel in Charleston, and the wedding specialist at CPH, Jessica Smithson, is phenomenal! From the moment we signed the contract, until the closing moments of the reception, Jessica was there with professionalism, kindness, expertise, wonderful advice...she is the best!!! The ceremony was held in the Market Street Courtyard, which is gorgeous every day, but on the wedding day, the courtyard had been decorated so elegantly and tastefully...it's beauty took your breath! And the same is true for the reception site we used, the Palmetto Cafe! The food was amazing, and the staff was exceptional! Everyone at the hotel goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable, and to meet any need you might have. There is not one aspect of the wedding day that was not perfect, and Jessica was always in the background, quietly performing her magic, making it all happen! I would recommend this hotel, and Jessica Smithson, to any bride and groom!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I made a reservation for this hotel back in March 2011, for a night in September 2011. The night was for my brother and his new bride to stay the night of their wedding.
Beginning in March, I started corresponding with the staff at Charleston Place to make the reservation. I encountered the most awesome customer service I have yet to experience in booking a room. The process was a breeze, the night of the stay, a complimentary bottle of champagne and berries were sent to the room. I cannot say enough good things about the service I received from Charleston Place! It was nothing short of classy, personable, and pure Carolina hospitality. I have not had the chance to stay at the Place myself, but my brother reported that it was unbelievable. Customer service is not dead in the South, not even close.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here the weekend of our wedding and it was absolutely incredible. Amazing rooms, friendly staff and service. We also got a great view of Charleston. I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Gorgeous hotel, perfect location in the heart of Charleston, nice rooftop patio to take the sun by the spa & indoor pool (no outdoor pool though). Stayed on the club level through Amex amenities and the perks were excellent. Afternoon tea everyday (which is so nice & southern) which offeres snacks & desserts, open bar with plentiful snacks for happy hour, etc. Almost felt guilty going out to other bars & restaurants!

Room Tip: Club Level best value
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AmityL
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Recently held a meeting at the Charleston. The care my folks received was top notch. Highly recommend it to any event planner. They are hands on and will make you look great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Being in the hospitality business for my entire adult life I have been blessed to experience a high level of luxury and service at great rates. This experience was over the top! Do yourself a favor and spring for the concierge level ... it is a non-stop treat. It was the perfect gathering spot for our small group ... many of us have not seen one another for over 20 years. The hotel is very stately and oozes with southern charm. The rooms were well appointed and the amenities were delightful ... I loved the BIG bath tub ... it made me want to sink down in hot bubbles and read a good book. Unfortunately, time was too limited as there is so much to do all within walking distance. The food is fantastic, the service was outstanding and the location is divine. This is a wonderful historic city and a MUST DO hotel.

Room Tip: The concierge level is well worth the added fee.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I recently traveled to Charleston to meet up with a group of friends that we have not seen for many years. Charleston was picked due to its central location in relationship to the cities we now reside and all of positive comments from friends and business associates who have vacationed in Charleston. We are accustomed to southern hospitality as we have lived in the south all of our lives. But, I was truly surprised how much more friendlier and accommodating the staff was at Charleston Place compared to other hotels we have stayed in the south. From the first employee contact at the front door to the housekeeping staff to front desk cashier, we were always greeted with a smile, a wonderful sense of humor (the bellman) and sincere interest in wanting to make our stay special. The rooms were very well appointed, clean, and serviced twice a day. We decided to spend a little more on our accommodations and stay on the Concierge Level, which offers a very nice lounge serving complimentary food & beverages throughout the day and early evening. Based on the food and beverage prices in Charleston, it was a tremendous value. Due to the plethora of dining options in Charleston, we decided to have dinner at some of the local venues. Based on our experiences and what we had later heard about the hotel’s Grill Room, we should have dined at the hotel at least once during our stay. The Carolina Café was great for lunch. Make sure your order the iced tea. The best we have ever had.
The city of Charleston is just so beautiful. For a unique perspective, walk the residential streets at night to see the homes and church steeples lit by gaslight. Amazing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends