“absolutely wonderful service and accommodations”

Belmond Charleston Place
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Kissimmee, Florida
“absolutely wonderful service and accommodations”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Just back from our annual 3 night stay at Charleston Place. Service is superb. My wife went for two treatments at the spa and raved about it. Charleston Grill at the hotel is the finest dining experience in Charleston. The Palmetto Cafe is also excellent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you for your continued patronage. I'm pleased to hear that you've made Charleston Place a part of your annual visit to our city. I'll be certain to share your thoughtful comments about our service, spa and restaurants with the rest of our team at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I've stayed at the Charleston Place numerous times and stay there once each year. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. First class all the way. The staff is super friendly. You can't beat the location. The rooms are of good size and always clean. The staff is always helpful with requests. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My daughter and I just returned from our stay at Charleston Place. We couldn't have asked for a better location. Everything was in walking distance. It was my birthday and upon arrival I received a beautiful cake and a bottle of champagne. Everyone seemed to know and wished me a great day. The coupon package was worth it. We used everything. At first we didn't want to be totally confined to one place or restaurant, but there were so many options we enjoyed. The concierge was most helpful . Front desk was great. The drinks at the hotel lounge were made to perfection. Love, love, love it and the city of Charleston.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Connecticut
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at Charleston Place while attending a destination wedding. This hotel is amazing! My husband needed to have his suit pressed, someone was at our door within 5 minutes and his suit was returned within 15 minutes. We needed a cab to bring us to the rehearsal dinner - one of the staff members was kind enough to get a car and take us there himself. These are just a few examples of the exceptional service at this hotel. It is centrally located, we were able to walk to all of the area attractions. The hotel has wonderful upscale shops and their restaurants are very good. We dined at the Charleston Grill, the food was delicious and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel, southern hospitality at its best!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
I appreciate your comments on your recent stay at Charleston Place. Providing exceptional service to guests is our top priority, and I'm happy to hear that we delivered on that promise during your visit. I'll be certain to share your review with our staff to let them know their hard work made a wonderful impression. Thanks for sharing. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to Charleston!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2011

You cannot beat Charleston Place for location, service and comfort. It is the perfect place to stay when in Charleston. Excellent food and full service spa/fitness area provide all the amenities you could require while visiting. Location,Location, Location! Close to shopping, sights and other eating establishments. The rooms are comfortable and I loved stepping out on the balcony and watching life on King Street.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2011

In our travels throughtout the year we always look forward to returning to our favorite hotel, the Charleston Place. The service, the historic location, the Charleston Grill, are just a few of the experiences we so enjoy at the hotel. We have made it a point to try and return to the Charleston Place once a month just to relax in the atmosphere of a grand hotel and the friendly, professional staff who work to make your visit a very pleasurable experiences.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Second stay here, though it's been a few years. Once again, I was lucky enough to stay at the Club Level, so honestly that is what my review reflects. My room was perfect. Beautiful colors, draperies and bed linens to match, very Southern genteel...Nice sized and comfy...The only caveat is that they have not upgraded their televisions to flat screens (I understand that they are in the suites only at this time)....C'mon guys...do update these by my next visit! Well what can I say about the staff? I found each and every one of them to be perfectly courteous and professional, and a customer seriously feels as though they are the MOST important guest that the hotel has. How many hotels can you honestly say that about? I can only think of one other, and that is in Boston, and has already been reviewed by me. This is a beautiful hotel, with their lovely Thoroughbred Club, lots of lovely shopping to be had, and just overall splendid decor, and let's not forget the infamous winding staircase...I hear that their Spa is wonderful, though I have not visited. The location is perfect, the service is top notch, what's not to love? I seriously will not consider staying anywhere else when I visit Charleston....(Note...I also found their manager to be most hospitable and charming...) Will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo