“Beautiful homes”

and up
Charleston Harbor History Tour
Ranked #9 of 246 things to do in Charleston
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I really wonder what these homes are worth???? Built in the 1700's....they are absolutely gorgeous....and the history behind them all..I can only imagine. My husband and I stayed on Tradd Street...thanks to our friend and co-worker!!!! What a great time we had exploring....

Write a ReviewReviews (2,037)

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Picture and history worthy. Make sure to read about the pirates, and their untimely "end" on the monument. It is a great place to grab pictures under the old oak trees....or even a kiss ;)

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This park which is known by both names is the old and preserved waterfront of Charleston. A number of huge canons that were actually used during the war are located here. An old, very large civil war memorial is located at the apex of the park. You can view Fort Sumter from this park. On the land side of the park are a number of Vlictorian and pre-Victorian mansions. Its a great place for a stroll or a picnic. A newer, more modern waterfront park with newer statuary and fountains is within walking distance and next to Rainbow Row.

3  Thank travlinlite319
Reviewed January 10, 2012

First off, lots of people incorrectly call the park "Waterfront Park" which is actually a completely different park several blocks away. This is at the very tip of the Charleston Penninsula at the confluence of the Ashley and Cooper Rivers. As others have said, you can park along the Battery for free. Whenever I go downtown (I am a local) I almost always park here and walk back to wherever I am going. If you park at the Battery and walk back up King up to Ann St, cut over to Meeting then back down to the Market area it is a good walk but VERY worth it. I always walk BACK down on my FAVORITE street in Charleston, but I will let you find it on your own! ;)

This is a great place to just hang out, eat a praline, watch the dolphins in the harbor, or ships coming in, or just feel the cool breeze. If you go during the winter, it will be 8-10 degrees colder and the wind will blow right into the park. But on a clear day in Charleston, where would you rather be than surrounded by green grass, palms, live oaks, canons, and a few of your closest friends?

8  Thank alistair_connor
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Great place to sit and watch a sunset. I believe on Wednesdays and Sundays (in the summer) they host a local regatta, and this would be a great location to watch the boats race.